Down Memory Lane

Madeline's POV.

Goosebumps. I felt them everywhere as he spoke. Man, I do not remember when was the last time I ever felt that way when a man just spoke, or did anything. Well if you don't count Charles, back at that unfortunate party.

Jay Flick. That name, my gosh. It sounds like something out of a Romcom. That one character who always just seems so perfect, wise, gorgeous and every single bit of amazing. I don't know maybe its going over my head, or I'm going out of my mind. But I just felt like I met my soulmate right there and then.

Well, Two of us atleast.

"Look, Michie. You should be sticking to your own sexual preferences and like girls. Boys are just a waste of time , honestly. You really want to be with a generic white guy?" I tried convincing her to have second thoughts before what will soon become a ridiculous rivalry and competition between us. Clearly not what we need.

"Mads, Maddie, Sweetie. You saw the guy too, right?" She said, trying on one of the Alex Kale T-shirts. We were in the van, while the boys were talking it out. Probably about the next meetup? I hope so. Because I am already missing him now.

"I might be on the LGBTQ side but that don't mean I don't like mixing up my preferences and tastes." She gave me a warm smile and pulled her weave through and out of the t-shirt, brushed it off and sighed as she laid back on the seat.

"Come On , Michie. Help your girl out here." I pleaded. I was going to turn 19 soon and I already got people calling me a prude just because I'm a virgin. Honestly i would not have wanted something like that to faze me, but the barrier to my heart seems to be weak.

Well I was about to be deflowered anyway by Charles but hey, thanks to Brad I'm still a virgin.

Whohoo.

Maybe I should wait it out till marriage?

Not going to happen.

She grabs my hand and looks deep into my eyes. "He might not even like us at all. If he does then whoever it is that he likes, then the other must be okay with it."

I squeezed her hand and smiled,"You're right. Yeah maybe it's all in our head."

"Besides, arent you into Brad or something?"

"Fuck you, as if I would ever." I rolled my eyes, pulled my hand from her and crossed my arms in ignorance.

That's rich. I can't like someone like Brad. He is much of a dork to begin with. And he is much better being a friend than anything more. That's if he was anything more to me to begin with.

The driver's car door gets opened and Brad gets in. He sat himself down and turned on the car, didn't say a word and drove us home. There wasnt much to say anyway in the car. We just kept to ourselves.

At the front porch of my house, he set the van on Park mode. Turning back at us he asked " So about the Talent Show. Are we in , or are we out?"

"Oh shit, I forgot we had that. With this much of a chaos my mind wasnt in it's right place. Yea, yes . It's on. " I looked at michie , She nodded and said "Just find an act or something or maybe a song? Our guy Brad here can sing similarly to-"

"Okay! So since its friday do you want to me to come over by-" Brad immediately interrupted.

"9-"

"12-"

"We have to do this early Michie."

"But I'm dead ass tired, lets do it later man-"

"No 'buts' get your ass early by 9 and come over. Or you its better if you just sleep at my place tonight?" I suggested. I shriveled at the memory of blood on Michelle's flat. If she goes back to the 'scene of the crime' , she might be influenced to do it again.

"No I'm Aight-"

"Come on , please Michie?"

"You better take her advice, Gore enthusiast." Brad added.

Michie rolled her eyes and sighed. She hummed a yes, and smiled at me. I hugged her tight and told her I loved her,which she responded same.

We both got out of the car and said our goodbyes to Brad. Got in and aimed for the bed room. We talked for a bit but since we were all exhausted I guess it was time to sleep.I tossed her some pajamas to wear for the night and offered my bed too. I got on the floor and as we were on the verge of going to sleep , I said, "I will always be there for you. You will always be my heart and soul and bitch if anything ever comes in between us , I would kill the man who would. I love you so much, and I hope you know that.Just dont try to kill yourself next time, okay?"

But I guess she fell asleep because she didn't respond back. Well, even if she didnt , it will always be true.

We have been friends with each other since middle school. She was the odd ball and I was even more odd. I was being picked on for wearing my skin, for flaunting what I am-well back when racism peaked, ofcourse. But she came to my rescue, endured the racist slurs at our faces and protected me. She has always been the violent type so she does most of the protecting. Heck, last month she literally snatched a girls wig off just because she slapped me, what other lovable bestfriend wouldnt?

But I know she is weak as well, putting a strong facade and uphold to show other wise. I will always be there for her and I wouldn't be supporting anyone else in any other way.

I actually got my fierceness from her impulsive personality. But it's only when push comes to shove. And I am happy of who I have become because of it.And I would do nothing without you. I'm glad you are alive, Michelle.

'Sweet, kind, funny and outgoing. Smart, intriguing, beguiling and all the positive adjectives that there are in this world.'

These thoughts flooded in my mind. And I couldnt stop a sneaky tear falling vertically down my cheek, a soft sob escaped my lips. I faintly whispered:

"Please dont leave me Michie.

You're all I've got."
.
.
.
End chapter song:

.
.
WE HIT 1000 VIEWS BABY WE HIT THE 1K THE ONE DIGIT NUMBER ON 31 MARCH/1ST APRIL (12 AM OR SOMETHING)  AND IVE NEVER BEEN SO PROUD. HERES TO 1000 VIEWS MORE!! 😍😍 I LOVE EVERYONE THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!! AGHHH
.
.

Also!
Please pray for me 🥺👉👈
I'm not sick (Alhamdulillah) I'm just procrastinating way too damn much and that's a fact. It's been 2 months since I last updated and God forbid letting what happened in 2018 happen in 2020 as well. (I had a huge writers block that make me write like 6 to 10 chapters in 2 years.)  Also I tried my best making it as normal and edgy as I can while wholesome as well in this chapter.

Also things are getting even interesting now! We have Michie and Maddie fighting over a boy. Wheres Brad in the picture!poor brad, he better find a gf soon or he will be asexual for the rest of his life 😂

Anyway I talk to much! I hope u enjoy this normal chapter about a little of michelle and Madeline's friendship. Itll help get a better understanding here. Enjoy.

Sont forget to
Comment your opinions
Vote for the book
And share for others to read!

Love everyone !
Firetta.