Feeling Sorry

I was walking through the woods, desperately trying to find the clearing with the willow I had found once before. As final beams of the sunset's light peered through a small gap between the trees I quickly popped my head out and emerged fully, smiling triumphantly as I had finally found my long lost sanctuary.

I scanned down the tree and froze when I made eye contact with him. What was he doing in my clearing?

Tristan stared at me and stood up, never breaking eye contact in his process. Slowly, he walked towards me, "Annalise, please."

The absolute misery in his voice began to reach me. I tried putting on my strong facade again but I just couldn't hold it up. Finally I slumped to the ground and let it all out. My shoulders began to shake as ragged sobs escaped me.

During my breakdown, Tristan gathered me in his arms, rocking me to a steady beat. Once I calmed myself down, I immediately recognized the beat.

With shining tears still streaming down my face, I managed to croak out, "You listen to paramore too?"

He chuckled lightly and nodded, causing my head to nod as well. Paramore, to me, was the best band alive. They just meant so much because they wrote lyrics that truly meant something to me. When I listened to their music, it just felt like I was actually alive and as if I wasn't completely alone or unnoticed.

"All day everyday," He responds to me. Disregarding everything, I snuggle in close to his chest and he pulls me in even tighter.

"I'm so sorry," I whisper, letting a last stray tear fall. Feeling him shake his head, I silently wonder if he'll ever forgive me and all that I've done.

"What are you sorry for?" He asks me, incredulous, "The fact that your life isn't perfect, and things go wrong? You don't have to be sorry for that. It's not your fault, Annalise. I'm the on who should be apologizing. God, I'm so sorry, Annalise. I pushed you away because I was afraid of hurting you. I guess I never realized how much you were hurt by me pushing you away," Tristan explains, and by the end he's in tears.

Pulling apart, I look him in the eyes and see true sincerity. I bite my lip, deciding if what I was about to do was the right thing or not. To hell with it! My mind shouted and my decision was made. Quickly and swiftly, I stood on my tip-toes and connected my lips with his. He responded immediately, and kissed me back. The kiss deepened and soon he lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his torso.

"I love you Annalise," He whispers into my ear once we break apart.

Panting and overwhelmed, I reply truthfully, "I love you too."

(A/N: Short, I know. But I just had to! epilogue is up next! Bye now :))