Saving the White Flower

**ONE MONTH LATER**

My brothers went back for college, and Tristan doesn't talk to me, let alone look at me. Ever since the cutting incident, my mother hasn't even looked at me. So it's been back to the same neglected feeling as it always was. My silver razor blade was always out on my dresser now, fresh with crimson blood every day, now. Though, I had taken precautions and cut my ankles so no one would find the markings of a razor and self harm.

As I sat alone in the park, I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched. I looked back over my shoulder, I saw Tristan staring right at me. Our eyes met and he immediately turned away. Closing my eyes, I turned back around and sighed sadly. I had lost him.

"Annalise," His familiar voice said from behind her.

She spun around and looked up into his dark, knowing eyes. The eyes that held a back a million tears, and the mind that has aged a million years.

"Tristan," She meant it to come out strong, but it was hardly a whisper. Barely audible to one's naked ear.

Tristan looked down at the ground, a loss of words. Finally he said, "Come with me,"

Hesitantly, I followed him down a narrow path through the wooded area. We emerged into a clearing full of vibrant flowers of all shapes, sizes, colors, and quantites. In the middle stood a specifically large and elegant white flower. It's beauty made it stand out from all the others, so differently swaying to a different melody.

"The white one," He began, his voice strained, "Always reminds me of you,"

I looked over to him and noticed he was silently crying, kneeling in front of a patch of blue flowers. Kneeling down beside him, I comfortingly rubbed his bad and rest my head on his shoulder. Together we watched the sunset, sitting in a patch of flowers that continued to dance in the for longing wind.

"I'm falling apart, Tristan," I whispered, "I need you,"

He closed his eyes and softly whispered back, "I just don't know how to help you,"

Cupping his face in my hands, I kissed his forehead, "Just let me in,"

I stood up and left him sitting in the flowers, and made my way home. When I fell asleep, I didn't have thoughts of killing myself or cutting. All I thought of was Tristan and I dancing together among the willowing flowers of the clearing.

Maybe someday....

*TRISTAN'S P.O.V.*

I had showed her my special place, the one only I knew about. She had kissed me on the head, telling me to Let Her In. What does that mean? She wanted me to tear down my walls, but she also needs me to help her.

It was like she was the one that needed to be helped, not me. Closing my eyes, I saw her again sitting in that field of flowers. I remember the way she smiled, awed at the view. And then I remembered how I had looked down at our feet and saw the scars on her ankles. She wasn't done cutting herself.

Maybe she was the one that needed to be saved, rescued from the cruel world and given a chance to experience something else than hurt. She was tired of being grey in a world of color. Or in this case, white.

Annalise was my white flower, and I needed to save her before she's washed out by the other flowers. Annalise is my orchid, and I have to keep her alive.

Because I love her...

*TRISTAN'S P.O.V.*