Shopping Spree

"Wake up," A soothing female voice whispers in my dreams. I feel the sensation of someone lightly rousing me, rubbing my arm. "Wake up, sweetie," The voice is louder now, almost more real-- if that makes sense.

"Honey, wake up," It says a little more urgent. Finally, my eyes flutter open and I realize it had been my mother, waking me up.

"Five more minutes," I say, groaning into my pillow.

"Tristan's here," She states simply and I pop straight out of bed.

"Tell him I'll be down in a minute!" I exclaim.

She nods, "Mhm, I made breakfast for you both before you leave,"

I nod and she walks out of my room, leaving me to myself. Quickly, I threw on an old volleyball T-Shirt and a pair of grey sweats. Slipping on a pair of socks, I ran out in moccasins and into my bathroom. Seeing my untamable hair, I groaned and brushed it. I threw it up into a messy bun and added a thick headband. I brushed my teeth then skipped downstairs, dashing into the kitchen.

Tristan caught me, just as I almost ran into the island. He chuckles as I load up my plate with eggs and bacon. I stick my tongue out at him, making him laugh even more.

"Whatever," I mumble.

"Oh come on," He joked and I scrunched up my nose.

My stomach grumbled, and I set to eating my breakfast. Once I finished the bacon and eggs, I gulped down a glass of orange juice and turned to Tristan.

"So what are we doing today, captain?" I asked, mock saluting him.

He chuckled, "Let's go to the mall, I wanna check out Game Stop."

"Yes, sir!" I said loudly and grabbed my purse off the counter, "Bye, mom! We're going to the mall!"

"Okay! Be home by seven please! Be careful!" She called back down.

I shut the door and skipped my way to the passenger's seat of Tristan's truck. It was an ancient red truck, but had been fixed up to the point where it runs like a 2007 Ford F-150. Pretty good for the antique thing, if you ask me.

My mother and I had been getting along lately, no more neglect or anything of that nature. I actually feel like she cares about me now. It's all been this way since I came home from the hospital, and Tristan explained everything to her.

Tristan and I soon pulled into the parking lot of the mall and I hopped right out, "Where to first?"

"Hmm," He said, rubbing his chin in a mock thinking position, "Maybe Game Stop?"

I shrugged, " 'Kay, let's go to Wet Seal and Deb after. I'm dying to find a pencil skirt and a white top that matches. Deb for the pencil skirt, Wet Seal for the shirt and maybe-"

Tristan cut me off, "Stom rambling! I get it, we're on a shopping spree for you today," He groaned and I laughed. He hated these days.

"Your fault for suggesting the mall!" I sang and skipped ahead to the door, Tristan jogging to keep pace with me.

When we scoured the mall, I found that every single store was having the biggest sale of the year. And knowing I had well over $200 dollars in my purse -- who wouldn't go crazy?

After searching through Game Stop, impatiently, we went through every single store in the mall. When we walked out of the mall that day, I had about 30 shopping bangs, half of them with another bag stuffed into them. Tristan held half, as did I.

I went into the mall with $275, came out with $150. So, 125 dollars for all of this? Not bad, not bad at all! Especially because I got three pairs of jeans and about twenty outfits. So yeah, maybe I was just a little shopping crazy. But hey, I'm a girl who hasn't been to the mall in ages, and there were mega sales in ever store. I couldn't help myself!

Once we get home, my mom's eyes bulged at how much stuff we had gotten. I laughed at her shocked expression and shook my head, "Only $125 total for all of this, don't worry,"

I led Tristan up to my room and I sorted out all of the clothes, ripping the tags and stickers off as we went. By 5:30, we had put all of my new clothes in my closet and drawers.

"So I think I'll be good on clothes for a while," I said with a serious face.

"A while?" Tristan asked, shocked.

I started to crack up and he realized I was messing with him. He just shook his head and shoved me off of the bed, making me laugh even harder.

"Okay, Annalise, I get the point. You can stop laughing like a retarded seal now," Sarcasm dripped from his voice and I gasped dramatically.

"Take that back!" I exclaimed and he smiled, shaking his head no.

I sprang up and tackled him to the ground, pinning him beneath me.

"Holy crap, Anne!" He shouts, "Where'd you learn to do that?! I'm captain of the wrestling team and I don't even know that move!"

I smiled sheepishly, "It's what happens when you have three older brothers that all wrestle. And when one of them is the national wrestling champion in his division,"

He whistled a high note and it mixed with the sound of a doorbell. It was opened and I heard loud arguing voices and my mom trying to settle them down. I grinned hugely and Tristan just gave me a questioning look.

"I think my brothers are home," I say and sprint down the stairs. Sure enough, there were my three older brothers. Jake, Michael, and Brad.