Falling Apart

I stared at the blood trickling down my arm, down my wrist. The cut was deep, releasing so many emotions and unending pain. There were worried voices chorusing trough the halls and I just ignored them.

Taking the razor in my hand, I slid it across the palm of my other hand. The blood oozed out of the thin gash in my hand.

Suddenly, I became light headed and found myself falling forward. Flinging the razor across the room with the last of my power, I fell to the floor with a thump.

"Annalise!" Jake shouted, his loud voice thundering, "What happened?" The guys began banging on the door. I faintly heard it swing open and fall off the hinges.

"Holy..." Michael swore and I could just barely remember the guys screaming and orders being shouted by Jake. Hardly feeling anything, I could barely tell I was being lifted up. I closed my eyes and lay my head back in Jake's arms.

Let sweet death come, I'm broken and falling apart. Might as well end life now...

*JAKE'S P.O.V.*

She cut herself. That was the only thought running through my head. My little sister, the smiling goofball that I've never seen cry. Annalise was hurt and broken, how had we not seen this? She was our own sister, and we just overlooked her.

I folded my hands, elbows propped up on my knees. We all sat in the waiting room, Mom, Mike, Brad and I. Bowing my head, I let the restrained tears finally flow down my cheeks. The sister I've come to love, could very well be gona at this point. She had lost so much blood and cut herself deep. It pained me to know that she felt the only way she could vent out her anger and sadness was to harm herself.

"Hey, Jake," Brad whispered to me, his voice slightly straining.

"What?" I mumbled, not looking at him.

"The doctor just came out," He informed me and my head snapped up. I stood up just as the door to the waiting room opened. Over to my left was Tristan, and judging the look of guilt worn on his face -- I'm guessing it was his fault my sister was here.

"She'll be just fine," I heard the doctor tell my mom, but I hadn't looked away from Tristan. The boy who most likely hurt my sister, my sweet Annalise.

"You f*cking son of a b!tch!" I roared, punching Tristan forcefully in the nose. Both feeling and hearing the crack of his nose, I was only slightly satisfied.

"What the hell!?" He shouted back, and it was then that I noticed the already formed bruises and cuts along his face, as well as on his arms.

A nurse tended to him while I was forced to sit down in a hospital chair away from everyone else. I pinched the bridge of my nose until a nurse walked into the waiting rom, "Family of Annalise Robins, you may go see her now,"

All of our family turned to me and Mike spoke up, "You go first,"

Shortly, I nodded and walked down the hall to her room. I slowly opened the door, a little hesitant. When I opened the door, my sister Annalise sat in her bed while staring at her wrists and hands. She shook her head in a sort of dismay and looked up at me.

There were dark circles under her eyes and she looked as though she hadn't gotten a wink of sleep in over a month. The color of her was completely drained, leaving her ghostly white.

"Annalise..." I whisper and run to her, enveloping my sister in a tight hug, "Don't you ever scare my like that again,"

She simply shrugs and I sigh, "Why? Why'd you do it this time? I kept it from mom the first time. I think I deserve and explanation,"

A stray tear falls down Annalise's face and she opens her mouth to talk. A high squeaking noise comes out, and she shakes her head. Raising her head for her eyes to meet mine, she finally says one word that completely sets me off, "Tristan,"

*END JAKE'S P.O.V.*