When Brothers Return

"You're crushing me!" I wheezed, and Michael finally let go of me. Brad was the next to hug me and then Jake. Tristan made his way down and my brother gave him wary looks.

"Hi, you must be Annalise's brothers," Tristan said,out in the open.

Brad and Michael smiled while Jake looked him over, "I'm Brad, this is Michael. And the one checking you out is Jake. He's the oldest," Brad said. They shook hands and I realized I hadn't introduced Tristan yet -- which was why everyone was staring at me,

"Oh! Guys, this is Tristan, my friend," My brothers all said hello and our mother ushered is into the living room while she made some dinner.

"So, Annalee-lee, how's your wrestling going," Jake asked, smirking.

"Pretty good," I muttered, shrugging.

"Here, fight me," Tristan said. I started cracking up and agreed. We all headed down into the basement where matts were placed.

"I'll be the ref!" Mike said giddily and I laughed at him, "On three! 1.... 3!"

Tristan was caught off guard and I used this to ram into him, throwing him over my shoulder. I pinned his arms above his head and held down his legs with my feet. Mike counted him out and I had won.

"That was easy," I spoke smugly as Tristan huffed for air.

My brothers started cracking up and I couldn't help but laugh along with them. I rolled my eyes and sarcastically said, "And you're captain of the wrestling team,"

"Dude, you are?" Michael asked and Tristan nodded, "Sweet!"

"Okay, who's next?" I ask, flexing my arms.

Mike steps up, "I'll take a whack at it," He drops a wink and I laugh, remembering our favorite line from the parent trap.

After beating all of the boys, we went back upstairs. We walked into the kitchen, smelling the delicious aroma of our favorite -- lasagna.

"Mmm," I said once we entered the kitchen.

My mother laughed and shook her head, "It'll be ready in five minutes. Could you and Tristan set up the table for me?"

"Sure," I said and Tristan and I got to work. Mom brought in the dinner just as we finished setting up the table. She was about to call out when I stopped her, "Can I say it?"

She laughed lightly and nodded. I smiled and called out loudly, "Dinner!"

There were pounding footsteps and everyone was then gathered around the table, eating in silence. Not that it was awkward, we were all just too busy stuffing our faces to even think about talking with one another.

When we finished, it was about 8 and Tristan stood up abruptly, "Sorry, I gotta go. Bye, Annalise! Nice to meet you all," With that he left. I just shrugged it off, his dad just probably wanted him to come home now.

"So, Li-Li, have you joined the wrestling team yet?" Jake asked.

I shook my head no, "I'd get made fun of!"

He rolled his eyes, "Not when you get captain position right off the bat,"

Huffing, I gave in, "If I go to tryouts after school tomorrow will you lay off?"

Jake smiled, "Yes,"

"Fine, but I'll need some practice," I gave a sly smile and he stood up.

"Glad to help my little sis," He smirked back.

We had wrestled each other for three hours, each of us had won four, and we were now on our tie-breaking match. Yeah, we do best of nine.

After putting him in a head lock, slamming him to the ground, and him tapping out, I had won. I flexed and laughed, "These babies win every time,"

"Dang, Annalise, you're getting good," He breathed out, still a little breathy from his headlock. I rolled my eyes and smiled. Of course I was getting good, I help Tristan practice new moves all the time! Only, he didn't know I could actually wrestle like that until today.

As I made my way upstairs I heard Jake curse under his breath, "Thanks for all the bruises!" He shouted sarcastically.

"You're welcome, Jackie!" I teased and sprinted up to my room. I collapsed on my bed with a huge smile on my face. Tomorrow was going to be so fun.