-32-

"So what would you like to watch?" Lydia asked as she braided my hair. We were both in fuzzy pajamas. After Ryder left, Lydia and I went to her house so she could grab clothes. As soon as we had gotten back and put on pajamas, she insisted that I let her braid my hair.

"Hmm... I'm not sure. We could watch A Dog's Purpose," I suggested. I've really wanted to watch that movie again. I don't think any movie has ever made me cry that much, but dog movies always get to me no matter what.

"I think we should watch that with Ryder tomorrow night. I want to see if it makes him cry," Lydia said. After I heard that, it made me curious too, though I don't want to see him cry. However, I was told that if a guy cries to a dog movie, it means they really have feelings. I'm pretty sure that's not true. I think I heard that from some random girl in high school. I know Ryder has feelings and I know he truly cares about me. Still, that doesn't change the fact that I'm curious if he'll cry during that movie.

Lydia took out the braid and groaned, "Ugh! I messed up." She picks up my hairbrush and starts to run it through my hair. "Y'know, your hair is really soft."

"So I've been told. Thank you," I said with a grin. I've heard that quite a bit. Whenever I go to get my haircut, the hairstylist always tells me my hair is soft and healthy. "Anyways, is there a certain movie you'd like to watch?" I turned on my TV.

She started braiding my hair again. "We could watch The Avengers," she suggested. I haven't seen that in awhile either. I watched it with Greg when it came out in theaters. He's always been into superhero stuff and it rubbed off on me. I love superhero movies. No one really knows that about me. Not even Ryder.

"Sure. That's a pretty good movie." I turned on Disney Plus and selected The Avengers. I smiled when I heard the theme song. It always invigorates me.

"Tilt your head down for me please," Lydia said as she lightly nudged my head. I did as she said.

"Oww!" I squeaked in pain. "You're pulling too hard." I wasn't used to getting my hair braided. It's been years since I last had it braided, I think it was for an elementary school concert. I hardly remember it, but I don't think it was even a little bit painful, yet again my mom did loose braids.

"Well if you want a tight braid, you'll have to deal with it." She continued to tug at my hair while I tried to watch the movie. "Hair tie please." She put her hand out and I gave her my small, thin hair tie. "Alright. All done. Wanna see?"

"Definitely," I replied with excitement and quickly paused the movie. We scurried into my bathroom and grabbed a hand mirror from my drawer. She turned me so I was facing the mirror and held the hand mirror behind me. I saw the braid and I thought it looked really cute. I touched the back of my head and felt the weird bumpy pattern of knots. I think that's a correct description. I'm not actually sure if it's considered a knot. "I really like it. Thank you, Lyd!"

"Of course," she said with a cheeky grin. We went back to my bed and continued watching The Avengers. Not even a few minutes in, Lydia's stomach growled. "I'm hungry."

I giggled, "I heard." I paused the movie. "I'll go get some food. Don't go anywhere!"

She rolled her eyes. "Like I have anywhere else to go."

"Well," I dragged on the letters. She motioned me out of the room impatiently. "Fine. I'm going." I went downstairs. I grabbed a bottle of water and a bottle of Pepsi. I made some microwave popcorn and put some fruit in a bowl. I searched the cabinets and found a bag of Cheetos as well. I carried everything back up to my room and handed Lydia the food, excluding the fruit. She took the bottle of Pepsi.