-41-

I carefully get out of bed. The sun blinding me through my curtains woke me up, since I forgot to completely close them before we all went to bed. Surprisingly, the two girls are sound asleep. I can't believe the sun hasn't woken them up yet. They must be exhausted from yesterday.

I quietly make my way into the kitchen, but nearly have a heart attack as I pass by the living room. "Holy sh*t!" I whisper yell.

"What? I live here too," Derik says smugly.

I roll my eyes. "I'm quite aware of that. I just didn't expect to see you sitting there. When did you get home?"

"A little while ago actually."

"Where were you anyways?"

"I was at Bailey's."

"Bailey? Isn't that the girl you like?"

"What?! No! Bailey is just a friend. There's no girls that I like," Derik suddenly got defensive, and I wasn't entirely sure why.

"Woah! Calm down, I was just asking. Anyways, I'm going to make breakfast for the girls, or surprise them with it. Do you want anything?"

"Girls?" he says whilst giving me a weird look.

"Sage and her friend. They wanted to come here last night. You didn't really think I brought random girls here did you?"

He smirked, "Of course not. But yes, I'd like some breakfast."

I make my way into the kitchen and start making pancakes, eggs, and bacon, since that's all we really have for breakfast food. Not too long after I start, I hear footsteps coming into the kitchen. I turn around and see Sage and Lydia rubbing their eyes and sniffing the air.

"What are you making?" Sage asks as she tries to peak around me.

I chuckle, "Pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Did the smell wake you two up?"

"It woke me up. I think the baby's hungry."

"Well not me. Someone forgot to close the curtains last night so the sun woke me," Lydia whines.
I try not to laugh because I did forget.

"My sincerest apologies. I did actually forget to close them, and the sun woke me too," I say with a chuckle. Lydia roles her eyes, obviously annoyed with me. The girls go in the living room by Derik while I cook.

Once I finish cooking, I call everyone into the kitchen, "Food's done!" They run into the kitchen like a stampede of horses. "Woah! Slow down. It's not going anywhere. Help yourselves." I step aside and let them grab what they want.

The four of us eat in the living room with tray tables. I put on a true crime show since that's what Sage requested and no one complained.

I did the dishes when we were all finished eating, or at least I put them in the dishwasher, rinsing them first. When I go back to the living room, I sit down next to Sage. I wrap my arm around her. "Did I miss anything?"

"No, not really. Well, they found the weapon tossed in a lake. It washed ashore," Sage says as she rests her head against my chest.

"Interesting." I could never really get into true crime. I know Scotty and Dante watch it on occasion. They've put it on when I've gone over to Scotty's. I usually don't pay attention. If Sage is into it though then I'll try to not ignore it, just in case she asks me questions then I can answer them.

"So the killer was never caught?" Derik asks. He doesn't usually watch these shows either.

"That's what this show is about. It's all cold cases. Sometimes they find the killer, sometimes they don't. But they're cold cases because they were never solved," Lydia states.