-5-

I barely made it to the bathroom. I couldn't even shut the door behind me.

I kneel in front of the toilet emptying my stomach. Ryder followed me and grabbed my hair, brushing it out of my face. I start to cry because my throat burns like it's on fire. Ryder kneels down next to me and wipes off my face with a towel. He stares into my eyes with sincerity. He uses the pad of his thumb to wipe my tears.

"Do you feel any better?" I shake my head and continue to cry. He pulls me into a tight hug and rubs my back. I cry into his shoulder. "Do you want me to bring you home?" I shake my head again.

I get a pounding headache like I just got hit. "Do you have any painkillers? I have a major headache."

"I'll be right back." He leaves the bathroom and soon returns with a glass of water and a pill. He hands me both and I don't hesitate to swallow the pill. "Have you been feeling like this often?"

I hesitate. I don't want him to avoid me because I might be sick. "Umm... sort of. I don't think I'm sick with some sort of virus... I think it's something else."

"Like what?"

I bite my lip and stare at my hands. "I'd rather not talk about it." I think I'm pregnant...

"Ok... umm-" he stops when we hear the front door open. He helps me stand up and we walk out of the bathroom.

"Ryder?" I hear a boy's voice. Ryder grabs my hand and leads me to the living room. I see a boy who's about my height. He has piercing, silver blue eyes. His hair is a dark brown and is combed to the side. "Hey." He waves at me. "You must be Sage. Ryder was talking about-" Ryder smacked the back of his head. "Ow! Dick."

"This is my annoying little brother, Derik." I giggle and wave at him. He smirks and waves back. "Anyways, Sage and I were just leaving." I gave him a puzzled look. I didn't realize we were going somewhere. Maybe he just doesn't want to be around his brother.

He puts on his shoes and leather jacket, so I put on my shoes too. I follow him to his motorbike.

"Where are we going?" I ask. He smirks at me, nearly making me melt.

"Somewhere," he says. He helps me onto the bike and I cling tightly to him. We stop in front of a gas station. "I just need to put gas in my bike." I nod and decide to go inside the gas station. I find my way to the section I was hoping for. I grabbed three pregnancy tests and paid quickly in case Ryder came inside. I hid them deep in my purse. I started feeling tired, but I didn't want to go home. I bought a coffee to help me wake up.

I quickly sipped my coffee before joining Ryder once again. He looked up from his phone. "I have to stop somewhere quickly. It's important." I nodded and hopped onto the bike. I closed my eyes until we reached our destination, where ever that was. When we stopped, I saw that we were by the harbor. I saw Scotty and Dante approaching us.

"Hey," they said. When they saw me, they froze.

"You seriously brought her?" Dante whisper yelled.

"We were hanging out. I had no choice," Ryder said defensively. "It's not like I wanted to bring her." I had a feeling they were talking about gang business. "Where is he?" Scotty pointed towards a group of guys leaning against a warehouse smoking. Ryder nodded and started walking towards them. I quickly grabbed his arm. He violently pulled away, nearly making me fall. "You're not coming with," he snapped.

"Why not?" He ignored me and continued to walk away. I don't know why but I felt hurt. I just wanted to go with him. I knew he was going to go sell drugs. Rick did that too, so it doesn't bother me. I followed him over to the guys and watched as he handed them a small paper bag and they handed him a lot of cash. When he noticed me, he seemed angry. The guys looked at me and I noticed they looked a bit older. I recognized one of them, but he didn't see me. I quickly ran back to Scotty and Dante while trying to fight tears, but failed. Ryder ran up to me and tried to hug me but I pushed him away.

"Sage, what's wrong? Don't be mad at me. It was dangerous for you to go with me!" I wasn't going to tell him what was wrong.

"I'm not mad at you! And I know it was! Dealing drugs is dangerous!" He froze when I said exactly what he had been doing. He must've thought I was stupid or something. "I've already told you that I know you're in a gang, and I know what gangs do! I'm not stupid!" I don't know why I was yelling or crying. I just felt emotional. Seeing him didn't help.

"I never said you were!" he snapped. Scotty and Dante looked at him and he nodded. They drove off in an old truck.

"Bring me home," I said firmly, not actually wanting to go home.

Ryder looked at me like I was crazy. "I wanted to spend the day with you," he said, disappointment evident in his voice.

I kept crying and found myself hugging him tightly. He wrapped his arms around me, making me feel safe. "Fine... I still wanted to hang out anyways." He wiped my tears with the pad of his thumb and placed a chaste kiss on my forehead. The gesture had me weak in the knees with butterflies in my tummy. "Where did you want to take me?"

"You'll see." I rolled my eyes.

——————

"The movie theater?" I say as we get off his bike. He had parked in the parking lot of the movie theater.

"Did you want to go somewhere else?"

I shook my head. "No, it's just that the movie theater is crazy expensive. It's like twenty bucks for a popcorn and ten bucks per ticket."

"So?" I didn't respond. I thought it was pointless to argue that I didn't want him spending money on me. "What movie?"

I looked at my options and decided on Titanic. Our movie theater has recently been playing older movies. Ryder bought a large popcorn, two large drinks, cotton candy, and a blue slushy for me because I was craving one.

I finished my cotton candy fifteen minutes into the movie, and soon after I finished my slushy. I ate a majority of the popcorn and found myself crying at the end of the movie.

"You good?" I wiped my tears and put on a fake smile. I nodded even though I emotionally wasn't. I mean, seriously there was plenty of room for Jack! And the selfish bitch let him die! Rose frustrated me and if I could, I'd slap some sense into her. "You're mad. I can tell."

"Well she just let Jack die! She told him she wouldn't let go and then she did!" I grumbled. He chuckled and kissed my forehead. My anger vanished and I blushed. He noticed and smirked. That just made it worse.

I followed him back to his bike.

"What next?" I asked.

"Whatever you want to do." I told him I wanted to go back to his house.

——————

"Hey," Derik said, looking up from his phone as he laid on the couch. I waved as I took off my shoes. I went to Ryder's bedroom and waited for him. I felt tired again so I laid down facing the wall. I pulled out my phone and texted my parents, telling them that I might spend the night at a friend's house. I was about to fall asleep so I had the feeling that might happen.

I felt the bed dip and then there was an arm around me. "Tired?" I nodded and rolled over. I buried my head in his chest. He chuckled and held me tighter. I felt so warm and safe. I loved this feeling. I never felt like this with Rick.

——————

A/N: Well, well, well... it seems like they're getting pretty cozy together. There's definitely love in the air.

Anyways, leave comments and suggestions. Your opinions matter.

Like. Comment. Share.