-9-

*Time skip to Friday*

Ryder, as promised, has come to see me every day after he's done with school. We always go back to his house and play basketball. We've become really close and it's become harder to hide my feelings for him, but he makes his obvious.

I haven't been throwing up much but I still get nauseous. I've also been getting more headaches lately. At least now I know why.

Ryder said he was going to pick me up today and take me out of town for the weekend. He said it would be a surprise so I have no idea where we're going. I talked to my parents and they said it would be ok as long as I didn't have any work for my online classes. They didn't know I was with a boy though because I wasn't ready for them to meet Ryder, so Lydia said it was ok for me to say I would be with her. I think I thanked her over a million times.

I brought my duffel bag downstairs and sat on the couch. I played Candy Crush while I waited for Ryder.

I heard a knock and sprinted to the door. Ryder stood on my doorstep dressed in jeans, his leather jacket, and a Mickey Mouse Snapback.

"Hey, princess." I smiled up at him and wrapped my arms around his torso. He hugged me back and kissed the top of my head.

"Are we taking your death trap?" I asked as I let go.

He chuckled, "Nah. I'm borrowing my grandma's car." He took my bag and I followed him to an old Cadillac. He put my bag in the trunk of the car.

"So where are we going?" I got in the passenger seat and buckled my seat belt.

"It's a surprise." I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed. He chuckled at me and I just rolled my eyes. "You look cute when you pout." I playfully glare at him.

——————————

I must've fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes, it was dark out. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and saw we were in a big city.

"Where are we?" I yawned.

"Chicago," he said. I squealed with excitement. I've always wanted to go to Chicago.

He parked the car in one of those weird underground parking lots. He grabbed our bags out of the trunk and we got into an elevator. When we got to the lobby, I was admiring the décor. It looked expensive, but I wasn't going to ask Ryder how much this costed. We got our room keys and got into a different elevator. We were brought up to the top floor. When we got to our room, I was in awe... until I noticed there was only one bed.

"Soooo, where's the other bed?" I asked as I walked around the room.

Ryder chuckled, "This was the only room they had. I hope you don't mind." I rolled my eyes because that probably wasn't true. Honestly, I didn't mind much.

I went into the bathroom and changed into shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I lay down on the bed while Ryder changes in the bathroom. I turn on the TV and put on cartoons. I text Lydia.

Me: Guess what

Lydia 😙: He brought you somewhere super romantic

Me: Well if Chicago is romantic

Lydia 😙: OMG! He brought you to Chicago!! You said you've always wanted to go there!

Me: I KNOW!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!

Lydia 😙: Lol
Lydia 😙: Well have fun. Love ya

Me: Love ya too

I was internally screaming with joy. I've been begging my parents for years to take me to Chicago. They never have time because of work, but being there with Ryder is like a dream come true.

"What are you smiling at?" someone says, snapping me out of my thoughts. I glance over to see Ryder standing in the doorway with his arms crossed and a smug look on his face. He's wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"I'm just really happy," I say trying to hide my huge grin.

"About?" He lays next to me on his back, his head facing me.

"I've always wanted to go to Chicago..." I say mostly to myself because I don't want to boost his ego.

He pulls me on top of him with a sly smile. "Oh really?" So much for trying not to boost his ego. I nod while blushing. He smirks and presses a kiss to my forehead. "I'm glad." He brushes a strand of hair behind my ear. "Do you want to go to the aquarium tomorrow?"

"I'd love to." I yawn and roll off of him. He turns off the lights before pulling me against him. He rests his head in the crook of my neck. "Thank you, Ry."

"For what?" He hums and presses a gentle kiss to my neck. I feel my cheeks turn warm.

"Bringing me here," I say while biting my lip, trying my best not to react to the gentle kisses.

"Anything for you," he whispers in my ear. I swear my stomach did a backflip as it swarmed with butterflies. My heart was racing so fast I could hear it. "Goodnight, princess."

"Goodnight, Ry."

——————————

When I woke up, Ryder was laying on me. By that I mean his head was resting on my chest and his arm draped over my stomach. I tapped his shoulder and he hummed.

"Wake up, Ry." His eyes flutter open and he looks up at me through his thick lashes. I smile at him and run my hands through his soft hair. "Let's go get breakfast."

He sighs before getting up. I grab some clothes and change in the bathroom.

"Meet me by the buffet," I said as I grabbed a room key. I made my way to the elevator and reached the buffet. I put bacon and a waffle on my plate with some syrup. I grabbed a glass of chocolate milk and went to an empty table.

"All alone I see," I hear someone say. I look up to see a guy with curly hair who was around my age. I nod and he sits down across from me. "So, what's your name, beautiful?"

I blush for some reason and take a deep breath. "S-sage..."

"That's a pretty name," he says while resting his chin on the palm of his hand.

I feel someone wrap their arm around my shoulder. "Beat it." I sigh with relief knowing it was Ryder.

"Sorry, man. I didn't know she was taken." The guy left and Ryder took his place.

"But I'm single..." I mutter.

Ryder frowned and seemed hurt. "I'm sorry, did you want him to continue talking to you?" I shake my head 'no'. That guy was making me uncomfortable. "So there shouldn't be a problem." He reached over and grabbed my hand, making small circles with his thumb. "Besides, you don't have to be single."

"Let's just eat so we can go to the aquarium." I knew what he was getting at and I really didn't want to discuss having a relationship, though I wouldn't mind being his girlfriend.

He sighs and heads over to the buffet.

After we eat, we walk to the aquarium, which isn't that far from our hotel.

——————————

A/N: YAY! Two chapters in one week!

Ooooooo Ryder's a little protective, or is that jealousy? Hmm... well anyways it's really obvious that Ryder likes Sage (and she's even admitted this too). Also, I don't know how long this book is gonna be. Would you guys prefer a longer book (like close to 50-60+ chapters)? Your opinions matter. I want this book to be enjoyable for everyone so comments and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Oh, and would anyone like to see a chapter in Ryder's POV? I'm only going to do it if it's requested.

Like. Comment. Share. Follow.