-8-

"Hey," I hear a familiar voice. I look over and see Ryder closing the window. I sit up and pat the spot next to me. He sits down and grabs my hand, sending tingles up my arm.

"What did you want to tell me?" I ask.

He sighs, "I wanted to talk about the girl I was with. I don't want you to think I was flirting or trying to get with her. She's my supplier, nothing more." I already knew he wasn't flirting. She was clearly older than him and Ryder always went for girls his age, so I didn't expect him to flirt. He's not mine anyways.

"Don't worry. I didn't assume anything." He sighs a breath of relief.

"I umm... I start school again tomorrow," he says, rubbing the back of his neck. I rest my head on his shoulder and he wraps his arm around me. "I'll visit you at the restaurant everyday after school. Or I could pick you up near the end of your shift and we could hang out for awhile."

"I'd like that," I said with a smile.

We watched a short romantic comedy and cuddled on my bed. I thought it was a little weird because we weren't dating, but friends can cuddle, right? But whatever, I enjoyed his company and the warmth that radiated off his body.

He pulls out his phone and checks the time. "I should head home before it gets too late. I'll see you tomorrow, princess." He kisses my forehead before leaving out the window.

I change into my pajamas with a dorky smile on my face. It surprises me just how much of an effect Ryder has on me even with such a small gesture.

————————

My dad drops me off at work. The day is slow. I keep glancing at the clock hoping Ryder still plans to show up.

"What's up? You seem anxious," Lydia says as she rests her head on my shoulder.

"Ryder said he'd pick me up from work. I'm just a little excited," I said with a sigh.

"Aahh, I see." I check the clock once more. It's four thirty and I was starting to have doubts. "Speak of the Devil." Lydia walks towards the entrance and leads Ryder to a table. She smirks at me.

I walk up to his table while looking down at my feet. "Hey," I say quietly.

He smiles at me. "Hey, princess." I blush. I'm not used to the nickname even though he calls me that a lot. "Is something up? You look like you're bothered by something."

I shrug and look down at my feet. "I was just worried you weren't gonna show up."

"I wouldn't do that. I was anxious all day because I couldn't wait to see you." I blush even more and twiddle my thumbs.

"What would you like to order?" I say shyly.

"Same as last time." I nod and write down his order. I bring it to Margeret and return to Ryder. He's the only table I have at the moment. He grabs my hand and pulls me down to the seat. "What do you want to do after you're done?"

"Whatever you want to do," I say with a shrug.

"Basketball," he says with a mischievous grin. I smirk and nod.

After my shift, Ryder brings me back to his house. He gives me one of his shirts and a pair of his shorts, which fit me decently. I do have wider hips than him and I'm also thicker so that doesn't surprise me.

"You look really hot in my clothes," he says with a smirk. My cheeks turn pink. "C'mon, let's go play."

"Hey! Where are you guys going?" Derik calls out from the living room.