Eleven-"Is this the part where you guys kiss?"

Start from the beginning

“Jack, hey, stop. It’s a date. A date consists of two people. Which means, we both should agree on where to go. How about the Zoo? Would you like to go to the Zoo, say tomorrow at 12?” I asked him. 

He nodded. “Okay, I’ll pick you up, tomorrow at 12, to the Zoo. WIll your mom be there?” 

“I believe so. If not, then, well you’re in luck,” 

His hand slowly started tracing over the top of the table and then stopped in front of my hand. 

“C-can I hold your hand?” He asks, shyly. 

I didn’t answer, I just grabbed his hand and held it. 

“So, what does this mean for us?” He asks. 

“For now, it doesn’t have to mean anything. We could just go with the flow.” I looked at one of the employees and called them over. 

“Hi, sweetheart,” Rudy, one of the older men here who’s super friendly came up to me.

“Hi, Rudy, we’d like one large vanilla milkshake with chocolate syrup and a,” I looked at Jack, “What would Riley like?” He looks at her and signals her to come over, she does. 

“What do you want to drink, sweetie?” Rudy bends down to her level. 

“Can I have a chocolate chip milkshake, please? With a cherry on top, please,” He nods, writing it down as he walks away. 

“I love chocolate chips, they’re so yummy,” I tell her smiling as she realizes someone agrees with her. 

“Right! Chocolate Chip is the best. No one can change my mind. Not ever.” She shakes her head pouting a bit. 

I laughed. “Oh, sweetheart, just you wait. Once your lover comes into your life, you’ll want to change because you’ve fallen in love, I should just be quiet,” I ended. I looked at Jack and my heart tore a little.

I wish I could see him. I wish I could see his face. He’s most probably gorgeous. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I finally convinced Jack to let me pay we left Shari’s Berries and here we are now walking back to my house. 

“Maddie! Help! Help me!” I turn around to see Jack tickling her to the point where she had tears. 

“Jack!” I exclaim. 

“I got you, Princess, you can’t escape now.” He laughs, tickling her even more. 

I grabbed her hand that was dangling over his arm that was protectively wrapped around her waist, and pulled her. 

Jack was strong. I’ll give him that. He had a tight grip on Riley. 

When I pulled her away from Jack she started running and he chased after her. 

JACK!” I screamed when I saw a car coming toward their way. 

He immediately ran to Riley and pulled her to the side, falling to the ground, his arms tightly against her as she was covered safely. 

“Oh, my gosh,” I breathed out running to them.

I kneeled beside Jack and Riley and caressed their shoulders.

“Are you guys in any sort of pain?” I sounded as if I was about to cry. 

“I’m sorry, Jacky, that was my fault. I shouldn’t have ran,” She got up and went the other direction. 

I grabbed Jack and helped him get up, I then followed Riley. 

“Hey, Riley,” I grabbed her arm delicately and nudged her. 

“Come sit with me,” I indicated to her to follow me. 

She hesitated. She looks back at Jack then at me. She then followed me and sat with me. 

“What’s wrong, beautiful princess?” I ask pulling her closer to me. 

“I want a friend.” She looks down. 

“The kids at school make fun of me, they say I’m weird,” She looks up at me with a questioning look. “Am I weird?” She asks. 

I shake my head, “Sweetheart, I don’t believe anyone is normal. Everyone is weird and that’s what makes them special. You’re weird, I’m weird, Jack’s weird. But weird is good.” I tousled her hair. 

“I’m special?” She asks. 

I nodded, “You are. You really are, those kids in class just want the weird you have, they don’t like their weird.” I smiled at her. 

She smiled brightly, got up and ran to Jack who was just a couple of feets away from us. 

“Jack! Did you hear that? I’m weird. But a good one!” She jumps on him and laughs. 

She lifts his mask a bit and places a kiss on his cheek. 

Wait, she lifted his mask… 

You stupid idiot, you could’ve seen some of his appearance. 

Oops. 

“Yeah, Princess. You’re a good kind of weird.” 

“Hey, Madison, you’re my favorite kind of weird.”

“Hey, Jack, you’re also my favorite kind of weird.” 

“Is this the part where you guys kiss? My teacher was kissing a guy in class when we were having lunch on Monday.” Riley scrunches her nose at that memory. 

“No, love. This isn’t the part where we kiss.” I shake my head slightly upset with that fact. 

“Yet,” I heard him whisper. 

Wait, hold up. Did he just say yet? 

No, I’m probably going crazy. 

Nope, I was right. He said yet. 

Yet. 

I can’t wait for the ‘yet’ to arrive. 

Hapy very late new years!! Hope your 2020 has been great so far.

I've missed you all. Love you, guys! Let me know what you think of this chapter!
PSAT's on Wednesday March 4th. Yikes.

Love you all!

Word Count: 1368

Xoxo, Zoey