Seven-"I have to get home now. Please,"

Jack's P.O.V

“So,” Madison drawls. 

“So,” I drawl just like she did a minute ago. 

Lila walks in after slightly knocking the door. 

“Mom, you ready?” Madison asks her mom. 

“I am,” Her mom, Lila, sits next to Madison and looks at me. 

“What’s going on?” I ask, confused. 

“Okay, Jack I’m not going to sugarcoat anything I’m about to say so if I offend you or get something wrong. I’m sorry. Okay-” She sighs, 

“You wear a mask to cover your face and your feelings. I wear makeup to cover my face, to not show my feelings. Some don’t wear anything because they’re that good at covering their face; at hiding their feelings, do you understand what I’m trying to tell you?” 

I shook my head, softly. 

“You’re being abused, Jack. Either that or something else is going on at home that you don’t want anyone to know, not because you’re embarrassed but, because you’re ashamed. You’re ashamed because you can’t do anything to stop him, the abuser, you’re ashamed that you aren’t enough for Riley. But, let me tell you something, you are enough. I swear, you are.” I was shocked to say the least.

“I know you’re shocked. I know I can’t see you. But, I want you to know that you aren’t alone. I’ve been in your shoes before. When I was 16 I was dating this guy.  The thing is I know when he’s drunk he gets abusive but he was wasted I couldn’t leave him like that, I didn’t want to. So, I took him to his house and rested him on his bed I was about to leave when-” She sobs. She covers her face and sobs so hard and the thing that hurts more is that I feel like I know where this is going. 

“I’m sorry,” She whispers. 

She looks at Madison for comfort and Madison gives it to her. She hugs her mother and whispers encouraging words like ‘You can do this, mom.’ ‘I’m here with you’ ‘If you want I can continue’

Lila shakes her head and looks at me, “I got this,” She whispers. 

“I was about to leave when he grabs my arm forcefully and throws me on the bed. He gets on top of me and starts to put his hand near my inner thighs when I kicked him where the sun doesn’t shine and pushed his chest. Out of surprise he let go. I ran I didn’t care about anything else. I was so close to my car when he came and dragged my shirt from the back and flung me backward. It hurt I got a bruise from it. He drags me upstairs. Drags, I’m literally on the floor and he’s dragging me up the stairs by my shirt. It was awful. I screamed repeatedly, praying to God someone would answer and come and save me. But, no one ever came. It was me and him. And everyday I regret ever falling in love with him. I regret helping him knowing he was abusive. I regret wanting his attention. I regret so many things during my high school years. But, at the same time if he never raped me I wouldn’t have gotten my baby girl. Yes, raping should never happen. There’s just so many psychopaths nowadays that if someone respects a woman it’s a surprise. Getting out of an abusive relationship is always hard. It’ll always be hard because you’ll never know what’ll happen. Jack, if you ever need a place to go to, this home will be here for you. I’ll be here for you. Madison will be here for you. And if you need a job come work for me as an intern I could write a recommendation letter for you. If you don’t feel like Riley will be safe at home one day let me know, or let Madison know we have two extra rooms, either of you could use it. Just please don’t feel like you have to go through everything alone. I know who your father is, I know he is a well respected lawyer. But, listen I found someone, someone who makes me so happy, who treats me well, and treats Madison as his own. So, don’t be in pain. There’s someone out there who’s perfect for you,” She winks, finishing her story. I can’t stop crying. I’ve been waiting for so long to have someone who’d care, who’ll figure out.