Ten-"No, silly, it's a good thing, it's hot,"

Jack’s P.O.V

Walking back home after a stressful day at school was always hard. Wanting to relieve your stress but just can’t, because thinking of it makes you more stressed. School has been getting rough. I get the fact I’m a senior but like I’m so tired of the work. I’m just tired of being here. It’s been one month, one whole month since Riley’s dad, Michael, almost killed me. I still can’t believe that. 

“Michael, stop!” 

“Stop?! He’s a perv! He’s with my daughter cuddling her.” He shouts annoyed. 

“He’s not a perv, sweetheart, he’s Madison’s friend.” Lila tried convincing him. 

“Take off your mask, I don’t believe this. We’re supposed to be keeping her safe! What if he’s the asshole who raped you? Huh? How can you believe this is a teenage boy? Lila, baby, I thought you knew better. Please, baby, we have to keep her safe, she’s all we have.” He looked at her with these eyes, I knew I caused problems. 

That’s all you do. Cause problems. 

Shut up. 

Nope. He’s worried about his daughter. He has the right to be worried about you. 

Leave me alone. 

Let me think about it… uhhh, no. 

“I’ve seen him without a mask before,” She lies. She’s lying for me… oh my gosh. 

“Bullshit!” He yells at her. 

“She hasn’t seen me without a mask, Madison hasn’t either, but, believe me when I say my intentions are only good. I will never hurt her. Never. Even if it has only been a couple of days, or weeks- I don’t even remember anymore- but I will NEVER hurt Madison. If you’re worried about me laying a hand on her, then you have nothing to worry about. Because a man who lays his hand to women is for defense. And defense only, if it's for any other reason then he is a coward and a sorry excuse for a man. Madison, she’s a great girl. She works hard, she’s passionate, she’s beaut- I mean pretty- ugh cute. She’s smart, she’s just pretty amazing overall. And I’d like to keep getting to know her.” I finished, but then I recall who I’m talking to, “If you’ll let me,” I continued. 

“I’ll allow you to get to know her. But you’ll have to gain my trust first. And that won’t be easy,” With that, he walked out of the room, Lila following. 

I looked down at the girl cuddling me. She’s so beautiful, I kissed her forehead and lay my head on top of hers. 

During this month, Madison and I haven’t met up in a while, but we’ve become closer, which makes me happy. We barely had time to meet up and work on our project; which is due at the end of the semester. Thankfully, we still had time. 

“Hey!” I turn to face Madison who was calling my name across the hallway. 

“Hey, how have you been?” I greeted her. 

Flustered, she smiled, “Oh, I’ve been doing good, how about you?” 

I walked to my locker and pulled my bag so it's in front of me, I turned the lock around, 35-9-16. She leaned against the locker next to mines, and smiled at me. 

“You’ve got muscles, you know,” She’s literally feeling them, oh my gosh. If she continues doing so I’m not responsible for what happens next. 

I chuckled nervously. 

“Thanks?” 

“No, silly, it’s a good thing, its hot,” She bit her lip. What. The. Heck.