Three -"No. I'm her older brother."

Since I had to take Riley to Daddy Donuts Day she had to come walking with me.

Apparently if your dad’s coming you couldn't go on the bus because of some stupid reason. I'll be honest I'd rather Riley go on the bus than walk there.

Anyways today was harder for me to walk. As usual after I put Riley to bed my lovely father would beat me until he thinks I've learned my lesson. What lesson? I don’t know. Probably because I had Riley home late yesterday. But it's whatever. I'm used to it.

When we got to her school I had to go to the office and get a visiting pass. When we entered her class I saw lots of girls wearing dresses and some boys wearing suits, others wearing pajamas, and lastly some wearing their regular uniforms.

Riley's teacher, Mrs. Ackles, came up to us.

“Riley, honey, you look beautiful. I love that dress on you.”

She's right though. Riley’s the most prettiest one here.

She's wearing a hot pink puffy dress, white beads all around her chest area and around her arms, down where the puffiness actually shows she has glitter all over it. To top it off she's wearing white heels and her hair is half up and half down.

Riley smiled so happily and started moving forward and backward with her heel.

“Thank you Mrs. Ackles.”

“Jacky?”

I looked down at her to see her doing the classic puppy dog eyes.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Can I go find my friends? You can sit with their daddies.”

I chuckled lightly.

“Yes princess go find them and do you want a chocolate donut?”

“Yesssss!!”

I grabbed 2 chocolate donuts, 2 cups of milk, and walked to where Riley was sitting with her friends and their dads.

I placed a donut and a cup of milk in front of Riley and she was so happy. She slurped the whole milk in like a second.

“Jacky.”

“What's wrong?” I asked as I took a bite out of my donut.

“I want more milk.”

“Okay princess first eat your donut then I'll give you more milk.”

“Okay.”

The dads looked at me oddly. Well no duh. I mean you're a teenager. They think you're her father. Stupid.

“You're her dad?”

“No. I'm her older brother.”

“You didn't get the memo then. This is a daddy's daughter event. Not a big brother-.

He didn't get to finish.

“Listen okay. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a father that's here or gives a damn. So yeah I'm her older brother but she sees me as her dad. And no one here said anything but you.”

“Riley, honey, you want to go now?”

“Jacky can we go go the park today?”

How should I tell her that I had to go to school? It sucks knowing that she can't be with her friends because I have to somewhere to attend to and she has to go home or some sort.

“Jacky.” Riley breaks my thinking. We've been walking around, since I don't know what to do with her.

“What's wrong princess?”