One- "Get it together dude!"

Jack's P.O.V

The cold weather here in Ligonier, Pennsylvania is beautiful. The breezy weather and strong winds had me thankful for always wearing a jacket. I pulled the straps of my backpack. Here I am walking to school. The place where most children despise. Not me though. School's a chance for me to "live" a normal life away from home. School's technically my home.

The sun beamed brightly shining my way through the roads. I walked past the bakery that I used to go to almost every day. "Shari's berries" from her bread to her amazing pastries there's absolutely nothing wrong with this bakery. A bonus is being a close family friend to the owner Shari.

The trees here are pink and purple almost all year long. During winter the trees would be covered with snow glistening them. Ligonier is a small city only about a thousand people or so living here.

Ligonier Valley High School. My family has been here since the start. Or so I've been told. I barely know my parents let alone my family. But now isn't a time to start talking about it.

I walked in looking at these amateurs here; some smoking, making out, some already trash talking and gossiping about others. I mean gosh we just returned from Winter Break. It's a new year and you'd think they'd be different...

I go to my locker and grab my books for Trigonometry. I turned around to go to class when I see her.

She's gorgeous with her long hazelnut hair wavy on the end falling right above her butt. She has big black glasses that look cute on her. Her luscious pink plump lips. Those eyes. I would love to see her eyes covering behind her glasses. She's wearing a beige sweatshirt that looks really cozy with black leggings and she had on black socks with a pair of sandals.

She's grabbing books from her locker when I see Lincoln and Lillian the two most popular kids in school walk up to her. Lillian whispered something in the girl's ear and walked away hand in hand with Lincoln. The girl who's name I need to find wipes her face and kept the books in her arm tightly. She turned around and walked down the hall. And disappeared from my sight just like that.

You’d think that I’d stop thinking about this girl I’ve just seen for less than 5 minutes, but no. Here I am wondering about her in a class I’m the top student in. I don’t know what it is but something about her is different than the other girls at this school.

 “ Mr. Adams is there something better than paying attention to this class?” Mr. Evans brought my attention back to class.

 I shook my head. That’s what I’ve seem to be doing a lot these days.

He sighed. “You do know you will need to answer this question due to the fact you weren’t paying attention…” He went on.

I nodded. Do these not know me by now? I mean they’re here calling me out because I didn’t pay attention but I don’t see anyone else with a 100 percent as their average grade right now.

“ Okay Mr. Adams the following question is-” He didn’t even get to finish because I cut him off by tapping his shoulder. He turned around and was shocked. I read people’s faces well.

“Well… it seems as though I have been mistaken.”

 I mean Calculus isn’t hard… it just needs practice.

  I walked right out of class when the bell rang. I had Gym now. I wear my usual grey sweatpants and my black hoodie.

 Basketball. Almost every day we play basketball. It gets annoying. I see the girls in a group huddled up ready to beat the boys in a fair game.

    “Adam's” Coach yells my last name. I slightly jogged toward him.

I nod telling him to continue.

 “You're failing Gym. You don't participate and when you do you make your teammates lose. So how are we going to settle this?”

I shrugged not interested in this conversation.

“Jack… at least participate this month.”

I nodded.

“Okay go and try making a swish even your father says you're great at basketball.” I flinched at the word “Father”

Oh if they only knew. A father figure doesn't have to be someone blood related it could just mean someone who was always there for you. Your whole life and guided you through what's right and what's wrong. I think of my “Father” as a sperm donor.

 Never was he once there supporting me while I do something I loved. Never.

And that's okay. Because not everyone is lucky enough to have both parents. Or even 1 for that matter.

 I started dribbling the ball between my legs for a bit. Side by side. I positioned myself ready to shoot.

Legs lined up. Knees bent. Arms ready. Elbows lined up with my knees; look up at the basket and… 

Shoot. And score.

I turned around and everyone was shocked. Ehh.  That was nothing usually when I played with… nope. Don't think of her. Stop. Block it.

Everyone started cheering.

Felix, the team captain for Basketball, walked toward me and smiled.

“Dude you need to join the team.” He stated.

"Like you're incredible.”

 I shook my head. “No.” and left him standing there.  

I walked to the locker room and changed back. I checked the time. 12:04. Would you look at that? 1 minute until class ends.

Last period of the day. Finally. I can't wait to go home. English last period isn't really bad. We usually have a chill class. Our teacher's laid back and all.

I walked back to my locker and put my books from my other classes back; as I head to class I wonder what would've happen if- no stop don't start again. Gosh get it together dude.

  Crap! I think I was thinking for too long because the bell just rang and my foot is still in the door of the classroom. 

I walked in and all the desks are filled. Except..  

Oh gosh! Next to the pretty girl from the morning.

I went and sat next to her. She moved away from her. Well dang does that hurt.  

Well this is going to be interesting.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey everyone!! Chapter 1 is officially out! How do you guys like it so far? And who do you guys think he keeps talking about?

Xoxo- Zoey