Six-"I don't have a phone,"

Jack

Seeing my mom’s car in the driveway, it- it made me so angry. I ran up the stairs, as quiet as I can be, and went inside my room. Think. Where did you last put it? If I knew where I put it I wouldn’t have already gotten it, wouldn’t I? Okay, then when did you last use it? Maybe it’s in a different pair of pants? Yes! The pants I wore to the library. Now you have to find that. My room looks so messy after he hit me. I think after losing balance I stumbled across something leading me to mess some part of my room. I found the pair of pants I was looking for, in the bathroom. I don’t even know how it got there. 

I grabbed my wallet and ran downstairs. I found Riley trying to reach for the cupboard trying to grab the chocolate chip cookies. I grabbed them, gave her one, and quickly added 5 extra cookies in a Ziploc Bag and shoved it inside her backpack. I took out her books- 2 notebooks, added the cookies, juice boxes, and water bottles in her bag. I grabbed baby wipes because I know Riley does not like to use toilet papers, I added it into the bag and went out the door. 

I honestly think I’m crazy. Most kids- if they see their parents would run up to them and try to find them. Well, I’m not most kids- I don’t even want to know what my mother was doing in my house. I took the car hidden in the garage. My father had a car in the garage which he barely ever uses. He uses it when he’s sober- pssh that’s very rare. I’m probably going to get a beating when I get back to the house, that’s if he finds out I took it. I made sure Riley had her seatbelt on and secured, then went to the driver's seat, turned the ignition on and put my seatbelt on. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finding a parking space was hard. Which was funny, because it’s a school day so wasn’t it supposed to be empty? I was about to park when a car just flew past me and took the parking. I became angry. Because, I had my signal on already to turn to that parking, but that person just went, no signal, no precaution. I couldn’t see the person because the car was that fast. Annoyed, I drove around until I did find parking on the opposite end of the entrance. 

“Yayyyyyy,” Riley screamed in exhilaration. 

I grabbed her bag and held her hand as we started walking. She had our hands moving back and forth, and she’d giggle every time it would accidentally hit her sides. When we finally got to the entrance she ran to the front, where a gorilla was placed, used to take pictures and asked for me to take one. I did and slide my phone back into my pocket. She ran up to the tickets shed, since there wasn’t a line we got service right away. 

“Hey, I’d like to buy the 1 year pass for two.” I told him.

“That’ll be 150 dollars,” He replied, annoyed. 

“Woah, okay. Don’t we get a discount for living in the state?” 

He rolled his eyes, “ Do I look like I care?” 

“You do, ignore Yanu it isn’t a good day for him,” I heard a girl’s voice com out. 

“Yan, move,” I’m guessing was his nickname. 

He grumbled something incoherently, got up, and left. 

“Sorry, ‘bout him again. So, yeah you do get a discount it’s 85 dollars with the discount.” 

I handed the 100 dollar bill, to the lady, Jen, her name tag read. 

“Here you go, and Jack open up a bit it’ll help,” She winked, and handed me the remaining change.