Four- "Yeah, but you'll love me."

Every time I tried to dodge the punch he’d find another way to it me.

“I don’t have any money I used it all for my sister’s lunch,” I told him as I made sure Riley left.

“You liar! Everyone lies. No one ever gives a poor person money. They all lie and say they got none. For what? I’m dying here.”

“I’m sorry sir but I don’t have any money. I already told you I swear.”

Out of nowhere money was thrown at him.

“Leave now! And next time don’t you dare hit him.” Madison walked over to me with Riley holding her hands, worried.

The guy left, as quickly as possible, I started walking towards the library, when Madison shouted my name.

“Jack! Where are you going?”

“To the library.” I pointed toward the side I was walking toward.

She laughed and pointed toward the car she was standing in front of.

“This is mine. You could ride with me.”

Shocked, I stood there, wondering if I should go with her or not.

“Let’s go Jack! I won’t bite you.” She teased.

I walked towards her car, shaking my head.

Her car wasn’t those fancy rich cars. It was average, it was a car where you know it isn’t expensive but it’s in good condition. It was a beige 2004 Chevrolet Impala.

I opened the backseat and made sure Riley had her seatbelt buckled in correctly, then went and sat in the front with Madison.

She got out of the school's parking lot when she started talking.

“So, Riley, how old are you?”

“I'm six!!” She smiled, showing 6 fingers.

“Wow! You're a big girl, huh?”

“Yeah, that's why Jacky lets me cook with him.”

With that Madison turned and looked at me. “Jacky?”

I gave her a bored look, “Don't start. It's her nickname for me.”

“Well, I'm going to use it Jacky.” She laughed as she parked in front of the library.

“You're so annoying, I swear”

“Yeah, but you'll love me.”

“Highly doubt it.”

“Mhmm… we'll see.”

“Are you Jacky's girlfriend?” Riley asks making me look at her.

“No.” Madison laughs.

“He’s a bit stubborn for my liking.” She continued.

As we found a table to sit, Riley ran to the Vending Machine, making me groan.

“Princess, you know I don't have money.”

“Here.” Madison grabbed a 5 dollar bill and handed it to Riley.

“What's up with you being nice to me?” I asked her, as I grabbed my notebook and started writing.

“Really? Can't help a friend out?” She rolled her eyes, and got up following Riley.

As I started to write the topic on my paper, 4 bags of chips were on the table. I'm sorry did I say on? I meant thrown.

I looked up to see Madison and Riley smiling.