Bulldoser Wearing a Pink Sweater

We got to school the next day just in time for class. I was happy. Riley was too. She called herself a flower that was blooming. Pay attention, that analogy comes up in a bit. Anyways, it all started like it was going to be a great day. But come on. There is never a great and perfectly normal day in our world. So just as I turn into class I see Missy Bradford flirting with Lucas. I thought to myself "Can't let Riley see this! She would be heart broken!"
So I thought quick and covered Riley's face. She is very ignorant, but in the best way, so she didn't notice my attempt to hide something from her.
"Oh this is too easy. It's Maya! I know cuz' I saw you put your hand over my face. My turn now!"
She reached in to cover my face but I stopped her in her tracks.
"Thats not the game."
"Then what is the game?"
Shoot! What was the game? What was the game?
"The game is keep the flower away from the bulldozer in the pink sweater"
What?! Why did I say that. Well, it was too late to undo that.
"Oh Maya, bulldozers don't wear pink..."
Her voice trailed off as she entered the room.
"Oh."
She walked over to the lockers and started to shrink down.
"Awww, look what the bulldozer did to you" I said almost sarcastically, but not exactly.
"There are other girls in this world"
"Yeah"
"And other girls, like Missy Bradford, are going to like Lucas"
"Yep"
"I don't like that"
"I know"
"I wish the world was just you and me"
"Then it is" She rested her head on my shoulder and we just sat there for a bit acting as if the world was just us. And that was probably the best moment I have of us. But who knows?