Big night

It was the moment the two had been waiting for, opening night of heathers, oh and Mel was about 39 weeks pregnant so she was about to pop, but still made sure she kept her promise and went to opening night of Heathers.

"Hey everybody!" Mel said as she walked into the backstage area. "Mel!" everyone cheered. "I'm so happy you were able to make it!" Carlos said, embracing the girl. "I wouldn't miss it for the world, now break a leg everyone I got to find my seat!" Mel cheered as she walked out of the room, but before she left, Ricky ran up to her.

"Hey Mel, let me walk you back to your seat" "Okay" she said as she grabbed her boyfriend's hand. "Thanks for coming, I wish it was you who was playing Veronica," Ricky said as Mel found her seat. "Yeah me too but duty calls" Mel says as she pats her baby belly.

"Now go backstage, I'll see you at intermission" Mel exclaimed as she gave Ricky a quick kiss. "Hey! Mind if I sit here" Lynne said, surprising the girl, "No not at all, I didn't know you were coming!" Mel said as she gave Lynne a hug.

"How's everything going ya know with the baby and all" Ricky's mom asked, "Pretty good, she can come at any minute" Mel responded, just as the lights began to flickerer, signaling that it was time for the show to start.

About 30 minutes into the show Mel felt water trickling down her leg followed by immense pain, she knew it right then and there this baby was coming. "Lynne, I think my water broke" Mel said panicking, "Oh God okay, it's going to be okay sweetie let's get you out of here" lynne said as she helped mel up and out of the theater.

"Hey is everything okay?" Carlos asked running up to Mel, lynne had gone outside to call Jane, "No my water broke, it's time carlos" Mel screamed from a sudden bolt of pain running through her belly. "Get RIcky" Mel screamed as she felt another contraction coming on.

Carlos immediately ran backstage to find Ricky, who was talking to Gina, "Ricky" Carlos yelled "It's Mel, she's gone into labor, you need to go now, she's in the lobby" Carlos informed, now a very concerned Ricky. "Go, we'll figure something out" Gina said, Ricky then bolted out of the door and into the lobby where he found, his mom trying to help Mel.

"Ricky there you are, Mel she's gone into labor, you need to go now, take my car and get to the hospital" Lynne said as she threw her keys to her son. "Mel, I'm here baby, just breath okay, let's get you into the car" Ricky said to his girlfriend. Ricky and his mom helped Mel into the car, and then Ricky and Mel were on their way to the hospital.

When they arrived, Ricky ran to the front desk "Ma'am my girlfriends in labor" Ricky basically shouted to the nurse. "I see let's get you both to a labor and delivery room, and I'll call the doctor" the nurse told the soon to be parents. The two where then escorted to a big room at the end of the corridor, "Now sweetie how far along are your contractions?" The Nurse asked, "um about 6 minutes apart" Mel screamed, as another contraction came on.

The nurse then wrote everything down, handed Mel a hospital gown, and left to call the doctor. "Ricky" Mel called in a raspy voice "Yeah" Ricky said running to Mel's bed side, "I'm sorry that you had to leave the show" Mel sighed "Don't worry about it, you and the baby are my number 1 priority and always will be" Ricky reassured her.

"I feel another contraction coming on '' Mel said as she grabbed Ricky's hand and squeezed hard. "Look at me and copy my breathing okay" Ricky told his girlfriend. "Ricky will you cuddle with me" Mel said in a tired voice, he didn't respond just climbed into the small hospital bed and held her in his arms.

A few moments later Jane and lynne rushed into the room "Hey mom" Mel called. "Mel honey, you okay?" Jane asked her youngest "yeah ricky's just here keeping me company" Mel said motioning to ricky who had his arms around her. "Aw look at you two, how cute I gotta get a photo of this" the mother gushed.

After a few hours, of cuddling, contractions, and meds, the doctor came in and told them it was time to start pushing. "Mel, lynne and I are going to step out, we'll see you when you're ready okay, you can do this" Jane said, as she gave her visibly nervous daughter a kiss on the forehead.

"Okay Melanie are you ready" Dr.Harper asked the soon to be mom, "Yes" mel squeaked out, "Ricky hold my hand" Mel called out to Ricky. "Okay Mel I'm going to need you to push" "AHHH, I can't do this' ' Mel screamed, "Yes you can, you are strong" Ricky whispered in Mel's ear.

"Okay one more push then you get to meet your daughter" Dr.Harper said, soon the room was filled with the piercing cry of an infant, "Congrats Mom and Dad! Let me clean her off then I'll give you three sometime to yourselves".

"Look Ricky we did that '' Mel said as she cradled the baby, tears of joy streaming down her face. "She's perfect" ricky said tears streaming down his face. For the rest of the night, Ricky and Mel admired their baby girl.

Soon there was a knock on the door "come in '' Ricky said, not getting up, he was holding Mel in his arms, who was holding the infant. "Hey Guys" Jane and lynne said as they entered the room."Look at  her she's so beautiful" jane gushed. "Have you guys thought of a name yet?" Lynne asked.

"We were thinking Gabriella Ashyln Bowen, ellie for short" Mel said as she admired her baby girl. "I love it!" the moms cheered, "Thanks we named her after the role that brought Mel and i together and her middle name after Mel's best friend" Ricky said not taking his eyes off of his little one.

"Well we'll leave you three to get some sleep, I'm sure you're exhausted" Jane said, then the two moms showed themselves out. "We should probably get some sleep," Ricky said to his girlfriend.

"Yeah your right, can you put Ellie in her little crib" mel said, then handed ellie to ricky, who gently placed her in the crib, then made his way back to bed. "You did amazing Mel, I'm so proud of you" Ricky said as he placed a small kiss on Mel's forehead. "Thanks Ricky, i couldn't have done it without you" Mel responded.