Baby shower

Time skip 9 weeks

"Hey sleepy head" Ricky said as he placed a kiss on Mel's forehead. Hey, I'm feeling so much better" Mel said. "Can you believe we get to meet this little one in 5 weeks!" Ricky cheered. "At this point I just want her out, I feel like a whale" Mel said as she snaked her way into ricky's arms.

"Aw come here" Ricky said as he wrapped his arms arounds mel. At this point Mel was about 35 weeks pregnant, and just couldn't wait to not be pregnant anymore. "Well we need to get ready for the baby shower" Ricky said to Mel. "uhh can we just stay in bed for the day, I don't wanna move" Mel groaned.

"Come on Mel, Gina's gonna be here any minute to help set up" "Fine,but it's gonna cost you a kiss" Mel said to ricky. Ricky then helped Mel up, then leaned in and gave her a kiss "Now let's get this party started" Mel cheered. "Look who's happy all of a sudden" Ricky said as he smirked at mel.

"Oh shut up" Mel said as she playfully punched ricky in the arm. "Mel! Ricky! Gina's here, come down and help us set up" Jane called. Recently the two have been doing homeschooling, because Jane and lynne thought it would be best after what their children had told them about the kids at school.

Ricky was still able to do the Musical though, after many weeks of rehearsals and hard work, opening night was on the horizon. "We're coming!" Mel shouted, "Hey Gina it's so nice to see you, I've missed you so much" Mel gushed as she pulled Gina into a tight hug.

"I missed you too! Wow look at you" Gina said gesturing to Mel's belly. "I know right she's gonna be here soon, and we don't even have a name yet" Mel said. While the girls were talking, there was another knock on the door, "huh that's weird, people aren't supposed to be here for another hour" Mel said. "I'll answer the door" Ricky said as he jogged over to the wooden door.

Ricky opened the door, revealing his mother with a gift in her hand, "Mom!' Ricky cheered as he pulled her into a hug. "Hi sweetie" " I thought you couldn't make it" Ricky questioned his mom. "Well that would have ruined the surprise if i said I could" lyne responded. "Mel did you do this?" he asked his girlfriend, "Yeah I thought you would want her here, so I contacted her and she was more than happy to come!" Mel said a big smile on her face.

Ricky ran over to Mel and kissed her passionately, when he pulled away he said "I love you Melanie Hudgens". "Aw I love you too Ricky Bowen" Mel said then kissed him again. "Hey love birds we have a party to get ready for" Jane said snapping the kids out of their little love trance.

Gina, Jane, and Ricky went to go get some last minute food items, this left just lynne and Mel, "Thank you for inviting me Mel" Lynne said to the young girl "It was no problem Ms." mel stopped herself not wanting to call her the wrong name "Just call me Lynne dear" she reassured the girl. "I'm so happy Ricky found you, i never really liked that nini girl much." Lynne told Mel.

"Aw thank you lynne, I'm happy I found Ricky too, he and this baby mean the whole the world to me" Mel gushed, if there was one topic she could talk the most about it was Her little soon to be family. For the rest of the time Lynne and Mel just talked about Ricky mostly, Lynne even showed her some of Ricky's babies photos.

Soon enough the three came back and the party was about to begin. After about 30 minutes, Ashlyn, Big Red, Seb, and Carlos had arrived. But there was one person Mel wished was there the most, her sister Vanessa. "Hey Mel I got you a gift it's at the door" Ricky said as he grabbed Mel hand and dragged her to the front door.

"What is it ricky, we have to get back to the party" Mel groaned "Just open the door" Ricky pleaded. Mel opened the door and her jaw dropped, there stood Vanessa. "Vanessa!!" Mel screamed, "Mel!" The two girl's embraced each other into a big hug. "Ricky you did this, thank you, I love you so much" Mel said running into Ricky's arms.

"Look at us giving each other surprises" Mel said. "I'm so happy that you are able to be here Ness" Mel exclaimed to her sister. "Now Mel lets get back to the partay" Vanessa shouted. The rest of the afternoon was filled with laughs, strange dances, food, and good friends. Mel and Ricky couldn't believe how much love there was for them and their baby.