Promise? Promise

When the young couple arrived at the bomb shelter Mel immediately ran up to Ashlyn and Carlos, and told them that she had something she wanted to tell them.

"Ricky go get Big Red it's time to tell all of our best friends the gender of our baby" Mel said motioning for him to get Red. Once all the teens were out in the hallway, and had made sure nobody was listening, Mel began "So as you all know except you red, Ricky and I are expecting a baby, and we just found out that it's going to be a baby girl!" Mel cheered.

"Congrats, I'm so happy for you guys" Red said, embracing his friends into a hug. "You guys are the only ones that know so please don't tell anyone" Ricky said. "For sure your secret is always safe with us" Carlos said.

After they finished talking Ricky told Red that he had to show him something he got for mel. And Mel wanted to show Ashlyn and Carlos something in private. "So as you know I'm about 4 and a half months along, and well look" Mel said as she took off her sweatshirt exposing her little baby bump (she had a shirt under the sweatshirt).

"Omg how cute" her friends squealed "I can't believe that we're gonna be an Aunt and uncle" Carlos said excitedly. The three friends then returned back to rehearsal, after mel put her hoodie back on, little did they know while Mel was showing off her baby bump to her friends, Ricky was planning something special for her.

"So you're going to be a dad" Red said to Ricky. "Yeah it kinda just happened, and I'm really nervous" Ricky told his friend. "Don't worry about it I'm sure everything will be fine" Red said trying to reassure his friend.

"So I wanted to show you something" Ricky said as he pulled out a ring box "Woah dude I thought you were in love with Mel'' Red said jokily "Haha very funny, I got her this, it's a promise ring and I'm going to give it to her at the end of day" " Do you think she'll like it?" Ricky asked "I'm positive she will" red responded back.

~Time skip~

"Okay theater people opening night is in a few weeks so let's take it from the top of dead girl walking" Ms.Jenn said. "Ricky! Mel! Places!" Ms.Jenn shouted. "Wow looking good J.D" Mel said once the two were done with the number "Why thank you Ms.Sawyer" Ricky said as he pulled mel into a hug then leaned in for a kiss.

"Not so fast" Mel said and pulled away, then proceeded to run out of the bomb shelter, giggling. "I'm going to get you for that," Ricky said as he chased Mel through the hallways, all the way down to the theater. Where Mel was hiding behind one of the curtains, thinking Ricky couldn't find her, but before she knew it she felt a pair of arms wrap around her, causing her to let out a small yelp.

"Gotcha" Ricky said as he picked up mel, "Now where were we again?" Mel said, a smile glued to her face. "I think we were here" Ricky said as he proceeded to give Mel a short kiss, which was pay back for earlier.

"Touché Bowen Touché" Mel said then grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and kissed him again, this time for longer. It then proceeded to turn into a full makeout session, but before anything more could happen the couple heard someone clear their throat. "Well now I know how baby bowen was made" Carlos said, laughing,

"Just wanted to let you guys know rehearsal ended and it's time to go home" Carlos said then left the room. "Well that was interesting" Ricky said, "Yeah, but I couldn't help but smile when he said baby Bowen, it warms my heart" Mel said tearing up.

"Hey is everything okay, why are you crying?" Ricky said, facing Mel. "Oh just stupid hormones, and also i'm scared Ricky, scared that you're going to leave me and the baby" Mel said looking down at her shoes.

"Hey i would never I repeat NEVER leave you or the baby, I love you and our baby so much" Ricky said as he embraced Mel into a hug. "Well we should get going" Mel said. "Wait I have something for you Mel"

Ricky said as he pulled out the ring box "I got you a promise ring, with this ring I promise I will love you and our baby so much, and that one day I'll make you Mrs.Melanie Bowen" Ricky said as he slid the ring onto Mel's shaking finger.

"I love you so much Ricky Bowen, and can't wait for that day!" Mel said as she kissed Ricky. "Now shall we?" Ricky turned to his girlfriend, "We shall". With that the two lovers made their way back to the bomb shelter to grab their stuff.