The appointment

Mel woke up a little before 6:30 because she was nauseous, this prompted her to quietly but quickly get out of Ricky's arms and run to the bathroom, where she then proceeded to puke her guts out.

"Fuck morning sickness" Mel says in a weak voice before throwing up again. "Mel honey is everything okay?" Jane said running into the bathroom. "Yeah just a little sick" Mel laughs slightly, "Aw morning sickness, I'm sorry honey but it'll go away soon" Jane said as she gave her youngest a kiss on the forehead, then held her hair back as she proceeded to be sick again.

"Now take this it will help the nausea" Jane said giving her some water and a pill. "Thank you, I'm feeling much better" Mel said giving her mom a hug. "Now go back to bed, I'll wake you up for your appointment " "Thanks mom" Mel said then trudged back to her room still feeling like shit.

"Hey are you okay I heard you run out and then throw up what's wrong?" Ricky said concern laced in his voice. "Just morning sickness" Mel said as she plopped back down on her bed. She snuggled up to ricky and slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Mel honey time to wake up, you to ricky" Jane said to the two teens. "Shit sorry mom I forgot to tell you ricky was here, I'm sorry" Mel said. "I kind of figured it out, I heard you guys talking last night but did not want to interrupt" Jane said as she helped her daughter up. "Okay get dressed because you guys have to leave in 10 minutes for the OBGYN" Jane said to the clueless looking couple.

"Ugh I feel huge even though I'm not even that far along" mel huffed as she pulled on one of ricky's hoodies. "Well you look beautiful to me '' Ricky said as he embraced Mel into a hug. "Now we gotta go and see what's going on in there" ricky said pointing to mel's stomach.

"Okay never say that again ya goof" mel said as she playful punched ricky's arm. The two then made their way down stairs and into Ricky's car, of course ricky being the gentleman he is, opened the door for mel and helped her in, then they were on their way.

To say they were nervous was an understatement, they are both 17 and going to be parents, what were the people at the doctor's office going to think or worse what about their fellow classmates, all these thoughts were plaguing the young couple's heads as they pulled up to the office. "Hello how can I help you?" the perky secretary asked. "Um we have an appointment to see Dr.Harper for a 3 month check up" mel said nervously.

The secretary, who could clearly tell the young parents were nervous, said "of course hun, let me get you checked in, if you could fill these out with for me, the nurse should be here shortly to show you to a examination room, and hey don't be nervous okay you two are in great hands'' she said with a reassuring smile.

"Thank you" Ricky said,taking  the clipboard from her, then he and Mel sat down and filled out the paperwork. "Hudgens" the nurse called out. "thats us" mel said in a meek voice as she and ricky stood up and followed the nurse.

"Now if I could just have you sit up on the examination table so I can take your temperature" Mel did as she was told. "Perfect thank you, now how far along do you think you are" the nurse said. "I think about 3 months but I could be wrong" mel said squeezing ricky's hand.

"Perfect, the doctor will be in shortly" the nurse said then left the room. "Ricky I'm really nervous I can't do this' ' mel said hypoventilating. "Mel it's going to be okay we are in this together okay, if anyone can do this it's you" ricky said then embraced mel into a hug.

The two stayed that way until they heard a knock on the door and the doctor entered. "Good morning I'm Dr.Harper" the cheery doctor said as she reached her hand out to shake Ricky and Mel's hands. "Now before the examination and ultrasound I have some questions for you two"  Dr.H said.

"Now how old are you both" "Um we're both 17" mel said in a quiet tone "Hey it's okay, everything's going to be okay this is a judgement free zone okay" the doctor said giving the two a ressuring smile. After a few more questions it was time for Mel to get her ultrasound, "Now this is going to be a little cold" the doctor said as she put gel on mel's belly, mel still holding on to ricky's hand for dear life.

"Okay now let see what we find, look there's your baby!" the doctor points out a little blob on the screen. "Now it looks like you are actually about 18 weeks along, which means you can find out the gender, would you like to find out?" the doctor asked.

"Yes" Mel said "Well congratulations you two, you are going to be having a little girl!" the doctor said "Looks like she is healthy as well which is good, would you like to hear the heartbeat?" "Yes," Ricky said towards the doctor. She then turned on the sound and the two could hear the pitter patter of a heart beat, this caused the two to tear up.

"Now let me print out the ultrasound pictures for you two then you are free to go, see you in about 4 weeks!" the doctor said then handed the two the photos and then left. "Wow! ricky we're going to have a little girl!" mel squeals "I know I can't believe that we created that, I love her already" Ricky said.

"Now we gotta go to rehearsal, you might want to tell miss. Jenn" Ricky suggested. "I will eventually but I feel like I can keep hiding behind your big hoodies for a little while longer" Mel responded as she got into ricky's car. Since mel had a fast metabolism she wasn't really showing but she did have a cute little baby belly, one that is going to be hard to hide pretty soon