Word spread fast

Word spread fast about Mel's pregnancy, soon the whole school found out. "Hey you ready to face everyone today?" Ricky asked Mel "Yeah I think so, and today I'm not going to hide the bump, I mean what's the point now?" Mel told ricky.

The two made their way to the car, then were on their way to school. When the couple arrived at school all eyes were on them, or more on the fact that Mel wasn't hiding her belly. As the two walked down the halls, their peers whispered and stared at the couple.

"What a slut" "I bet he stayed with her out of pity" Mel heard a group of girls say as she walked to her locker. "Hey talk to my friend like that again and that pretty face of yours won't be so pretty" Gina threatened the girl.

The group just scoffed and walked away, "Thanks Gina I really appreciate that" Mel said. "Don't thank me, they shouldn't be talking about you like that" Gina said then embraced Mel into a hug. "I gotta go find Ricky, I'll see you later" Mel said then waved goodbye to gina.

When Mel was approaching Ricky's locker, she noticed a bunch of kids circled around it, she quickly pushed past everyone to get to the front, there she found ricky in a fight with another boy. "Hey break it up, ricky you're better than this" Mel said as she went to go pull ricky away.

She was finally able to pull him away, thanks to E.J, who held back the other guy. "What the fuck was that?" Mel said as she pulled ricky into the one stall bathroom. "That guy kept saying "your girlfriends such a slut" and saying other hateful things toward you, so I punched him" Ricky said.

"You got it too didn't you, the whispers, the name calling, it happened to me but Gina stepped in and helped" Mel said as she started cleaning ricky's bloody nose and lip, he winced a little bit. "Hey it doesn't matter, because we have people who love and support us, but most of all we have each other" Ricky said as he gave Mel a kiss.

Suddenly, Mel unexpectedly doubled over in pain, "Mel are you okay?" Ricky said in a worried tone. "No I'm having contractions, call my mom please!" Mel yelled in pain. "Ms.Hudgens, Mel she's having contractions, she's in a lot of pain, what do we do?" Ricky said pacing back and forth.

"It's probably braxton hicks, they are basically mini contractions, but they hurt like hell, I'll call the school, telling them that I'm pulling you both out for the day, please bring her home" a worried Jane said through the phone. "Well good news, they are not contractions they're something called Braxton hicks, also your mom wants me to take you home," Ricky said.

"Thank God I was worried, they stopped for now so lets go" Mel said then took Ricky's hand, he then led her out of the bathroom, to the car. "Mom we're home!" Mel yelled, her mom came rushing down the stairs. "Oh thank God, you guys made it back, now Mel sweetie go lay down" Jane told her daughter.

Ricky helped Mel up the stairs and into their room, "Ricky!" Jane called to the young boy. "Yeah" Ricky said closing the bedroom door, then made his way downstairs to talk to Jane. "Take care of her okay, you and this baby mean everything to her, and I see how much you love each other, so please just take care of eachother" Jane said to the boy.

"Yes Ma'am" Ricky responded "Please call me Jane". "Also have you told your mom, i know things with your dad didn't go so well but maybe she'll react differently" Jane said. "Yeah maybe, I guess, I'll do that right now since mel needs to rest" Ricky said to Jane.

He then proceeded to walk out to the backyard and hesitantly dialed his mom's number. "Hello" a female voice said through the phone "Hey mom it's me" "Hey honey how's everything with school, and Melanie" Lyne said through the other line, Lyne and Mel had met on opening night and immediately hit it off, Lyne liked Melanie and thought she was a good fit for her son.

"There's something important I need to tell you mom, it's big, like really big" Ricky said, "You know you can tell me anything sweetie" she said "Mel and I are having a baby, a baby girl to be exact" Ricky said nervously. "Oh honey congratulations! That's amazing, I know you guys are a little young, but I'm still excited for you!" Lynne said through the other line.

"Really, when I told dad he flipped and kicked me out of the house, so I'm staying with the Hudgens" "I'm sorry to hear that your father did that, but of course i'm not mad, I mean I'm going to be a grandma!" she said.

"Thanks mom, I'll keep you updated!" "Your welcome sweetie, Love you!" "Love you too mom, bye!" Ricky said then hung up the phone, a sigh of relief escaping his lips. Even though things were bad with him and his dad, it was nice to know that his mom had his back.

Shout out to blondemoment247 for helping me with ideas!