Stepping down

Time skip 8 weeks

"Ricky I need to borrow your hoodie again mine doesn't fit, people will see my belly!" Mel shouted. "Here take this one, hopefully it's big enough" Ricky said handing her a beige hoodie.

"It fits perfectly, thank you!" Mel said, giving Ricky a small kiss. "There's only so much longer that you can hide your stomach, you need to tell Ms.Jenn you are not going to be able to perform," Ricky said to Mel.

"Yeah I know I gotta do that today, It really sucks though, Veronica was my dream role, but It's all worth it" she said. "Now let's go to school, I'll carry your bag!" Ricky said, picking up Mel's bag. Throughout this whole experience Ricky has been so supportive, he helps Mel with anything she needs, he's there for her when she feels sick, and gives her many hugs and kisses.

"What would I do without you ricky?" Mel said as he helped her into the car. "You know you don't have to be so cautious I'll be fine" "I know I just want you to be safe" Ricky responded as he started the car. Ricky and Mel take her car, but since it's hard for Mel to drive, Ricky drives most of the time.

When the two arrived at school, they first walked over to their lockers, unfortunately their lockers were in different hallways. "I'll see you in Photo okay?" Ricky said then gave Mel a kiss on the cheek. Mel then walked over to her locker, where she spotted a familiar curly haired girl.

"Hey gina!" Mel said in a cheery voice, Mel and Gina rarely talked but she seemed nice and Mel wanted to make new friends, especially since she's Mel's understudy. "Hey Mel, you're cheery this morning!" Gina said in response.

"Yeah I mean, I'm excited for the day I guess, can I tell you something in private?" Mel said as she stared aimlsy into her locker. "Yeah for sure, is everything okay?" Gina asked as she guided them into an empty classroom.

"I'm going to need you to go on as Veronica for the show, I kinda can't be-because, oh I'll just show you" Mel said, then took off ricky's hoodie revealing her baby belly, that had recently grown due to the fact she's 26 weeks along. "You're pregnant!" Gina said.

"Shhh keep your voice down" Mel said "Sorry I'm just surprised, but congratulations to you and Ricky, I'm assuming." "You assumed correctly my friend, but you are one of the few that know, please don't tell anyone" Mel said as she pulled the hoodie back over her head.

"Wait you consider me your friend, thanks I don't have any friends" Gina said tearing up a little. "For sure gina you're really nice and not to mention an amazing dancer!" Mel said to the curly haired girl. "Are you sure you're okay with me playing Veronica, I mean I heard it's your dream role, but besides that are you okay with me acting that way with Ricky, meaning having to basically make out with him on stage?" Gina said a little bit of worry in her tone.

"I'm positive okay, thank you for asking though, I wish nini would have before she kissed him during ashlyns party" Mel said as she pulled gina into a hug. "I have to tell Ms.Jenn at rehearsal today so don't say anything to her '' she said as the bell for the first period rang.

"Now I believe we have a photo together soo" Mel said as she held her hand out, which Gina took. The new friends then made their way down the hall and into the photo lab.

~Time skip to rehearsal~

"Hey Ms.Jenn could I talk to you out in the hall?" Mel asked the blonde "Yeah is everything okay?" Ms.Jenn said concern lace in her voice. "Well there's something I've been meaning to tell you, I'm pregnant, about 28 weeks along and can't do the show" Mel said looking down at her shoes.

"Oh Mel honey, it's okay, thank you for telling me and also congratulations to you!" Ms.Jenn said as she pulled mel into a hug. "Even though I'm not performing this time, I'll be sure to be there on opening night to support everyone, especially ricky!" Mel said.

The two then walked back into the bomb shelter, little did they know while they were talking, someone was listening.