Big News

Its been a few months since the fall musical, well to be exact about 4 months. Every theater kid was excited to see what the spring musical was going to be. Meanwhile Melanie and Ricky where as strong as ever. They were attached at the hip and always did everything with each other.

But something has been wrong with Melanie lately she has been feeling really nauseous all the time and she noticed that she's been gaining a little bit of weight, but she brushed it off due to the fact that she has been really stressed lately and stuff like this can happen.

But what she did not expect was the fact that she has yet to have her period, and it's been two months but she's had irregular periods before when she's stressed. Mel couldn't think about that right now, her and her friends were waiting with bated breath to hear what the next musical would be.

"Okay theater people" Ms.Jenn said walking in the bomb shelter, "I know many of you are waiting to hear what the musical is for the semester and I'm happy to announce it will be HEATHERS!" Ms.Jenn said! All the theater kids erupted in cheers, thankful that they could now start practicing for their auditions.

"Auditions will be this friday, that gives you 2 days!" Ms.Jenn said then walked out of the room. "So who you going to audition for?" Ashyln asked Mel " I was thinking Veronica Sawyer, it's always been my dream to play her" Mel stated, then looked at her boyfriend. "How about you, you gonna audition or sit this one out bowen?" "Actually I think I'm going to audition to be J.D" Ricky said.

"Well in that case why don't we audition together J.D?" Mel said sending a smirk in Ricky's direction. "Okay miss don't give me that look or you'll be walking home" Ricky said with a smile on his face. Mel put her hand over her heart in fake hurt, "I'm just kidding I wouldn't do that, I love you too much" Ricky said as he leaned in and gave Mel a kiss.

"AW you two are too cute" Ashlyn said, "Says you, you and Big red are literally the cutest" Mel said. After opening night Ashyln had tried to find Red so she could thank him for the flowers, when she caught him tap dancing in the gym, she couldn't help but run up to him and give him a kiss as a thank you. From that day on the two have been inseparable and eventually Red asked her to be his girlfriend.

"Hey ricky I'm not feeling so well do you think we could head home?" Mel said "Sure but are you sure you're okay this is like the 3rd time you felt like this today?" Ricky said a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah I'm fine it's just stress about the musical I guess" Mel responded, with that the couple said goodbye to their friends and made their way to the Bowen house hold.

~Time Skip~

It was the day of auditions and Mel was more nervous than ever, sure she had played the lead role in the fall musical but that was probably because she looked the part but she was unsure if she was going to get the role of veronica.

"Hey you are going to do amazing trust me" Ricky said giving his girlfriend a hug, mel just responded by giving him a weak smile. "Okay everybody time for the singing portion of the audition" Ms.Jenn announced.

"Hmm Veronica I assume" Ms.Jen said to Mel and gave her the script. "And J.D for your lover boy" Ms.Jenn said handing Ricky a script. The Heathers where the first to go then it was time for the J.D's, which Ricky killed at, next was the Veronicas, Mel was the last to go, she decided to sing Helpless, from hamilton, it was one of her favorite songs and it always reminded her of ricky.

"Boy you got me helpless, look into your eyes and the skies the limit"

Mel sang as she looked at ricky who had the most loving and proud look in his eyes.

"Wow Mel you continue to amaze me" Ms.Jenn said. "Okay everybody i have lots of decisions to make so please wait out in the hallway for the cast list. "Hey you did amazing" Ricky said "Thanks so did you i hope we get the parts" Mel said to her boyfriend.

After about 30 minutes of waiting Carlos came out with the cast list. "Holy fuck Melanie we did it again" Ricky said picking up his girlfriend and hugging and kissing her. "Really I can't believe that we get to be Veronica and J.D" Mel said over the moon because she was going to be playing her dream role.

"Ricky I don't feel so good" Mel said as she ran to the bathroom. "Hey is she okay" Ashyln said running up to ricky, "I don't know,she was fine a minute ago" Ricky said, "I'll go check on her" Ashyln said running into the girls bathroom.

When she walked in she saw Mel's feet in one of the stalls, "Hey it's Ashlyn are you okay" She said concern laced in her voice. "No, come in please" Mel said in a weak voice, when the red headed girl opened the door she saw her best friend puking her guts out.

"Wow you look awful" Ashyln said, "Thanks ash I feel like death" Mel responded before throwing up again. "How long has this been going on?" Ashyln asked Mel, "Maybe around 3 weeks" I chalked it off to stress, but now I don't think it's stress" Mel said.

"Um Mel what other symptoms have you had?" Ashlyn asked. "Nausea, weight gain, Vomiting, oh and I haven't had my period yet" Mel said. " Um I don't think that's stress, Mel have you and ricky you know um how do I put this had sex before?" Ashlyn asked internally cringing at what she had just said.

"Yeah but only a few times maybe twice?" Mel asked oblivouis to what ashlyn was trying to hint at. "Mel you may be pregnant?" Ashlyn said

"Pregnant" those words hit mel like a train, how could she be? her and ricky had only done it twice, oh shit we didn't use a fucking condom shit how could we be so stupid Mel thought. The mere thought of pregnancy made her throw up again.

"Preg-pregnant?" Mel suttered, "I never thought of that, fuck ash what do I do?" Mel said starting to cry. "Is everything okay" a voice called out "Yeah where in here" Ashlyn said as a very concerned carlos appeared at the door.

"Mel honey you look terrible what's wrong" Carlos asked the sick girl "I think I'm pregnant Carlos" Mel said pulling him into a hug while still crying. "What how can you be sure" Carlos asked his friend. Ashlyn then proceeded to fill Carlos in on everything while Mel cried into his arms.

"Let's get you to my house, you can stay the night" Ashlyn said. "Carlos can you pick up a test?" Mel asked "I wanna be sure". The three best friends soon made their way out of the bathroom. Ricky ran up to Mel to make sure she was okay "Mel you okay do you need me to take you home" He asked. "No, Ashlyns going to take be back to her house,I'll call you later" Mel said then walked past him.