"Hmm." Thawne hummed.

"With a name like Eobard, I guess you'd have to be." Eddie told him. Chloe nodded in agreement, "Yeah, you're right."

"No, Eobard is a distinguished name for a distinguished member of a distinguished family." Thawne told the two, acting like a child who got picked on for wearing a certain color.

"Depressing to think all of my descendants are as crazy as you." Eddie said.

Eobard chuckled, "Oh, no, no, no. No the Thawne bloodline is chock-full of influential politicians, scientist, captains of industry." He swung down towards them, "Failures such as yourself are just the exception."

"And what exactly makes me such a failure?" Eddie demanded.

Thawne exhaled, "Tough question, Eddie. Where to start? Oh, how about your career as a police detective?" Thawne put a hand on Eddies shoulder, "It's spectacularly uneventful."

Eddie nodded, a small false smile on his face, "Yeah. Well, we'll see."

"No, we have seen. I have seen. I am from the future. And you are the only Thawne, to be all but forgotten by history." Thawne turned back to whatever he was working on, "Waste of a life, waste of a man. And... Oh, no. You don't even get the girl." Chloes eyes widened, The Newspaper.

"What are you talking about?" Eddie asked.

Thawne sighed, before walking over to Eddie, a hologram of the newspaper Chloe, Barry and Caitlin had seen was up, "Observe, if you will, the byline. Barry marries Iris and not you. We're just gonna have to give this ring back to Grandma Agnes." Thawne then through the ring box away, "You, Eddie, won't be needing it."

Eddie was blinking roughly, trying not to freak out. Chloes harsh laugh broke the silence, "Iris loves Eddie. You probably faked the byline. You're from the future, yeah? Then you should be smart enough to know how to fake a newspaper. Even I could do that."

"Oh, I can assure you, it's not fake." And with that Thawne turned back around and continued working.

"AB ANTI-TELEPATHY strip. It uses magnetic resonance to neutralize any foreign neurological stimulus." Cisco handed Barry the device.

"So it'll protect Barry from being mind-controlled?" Iris asked.

"That's the hope, but we have no way of knowing if it actually works." Caitlin told them. There was a slight silence, before Barry said, no doubt in his voice, "It'll work." The monitor beeped.

"The tracker just came online." Cisco ran to the computer.

"Looks like you guys found your gorilla." Leonard spoke from where he stood.

"We have Grodds location." Barry quickly sped and changed into his suit after hearing that.

"Flashy." Leonard smirked.

"Was that a pun?" Cisco asked.

Leonard just shrugged, not answering, as Barry went up to Iris, "Iris... I want you to know, all the times I imagined you being here, it was not like this."

✓  |  𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗹𝘆      ❪  leonard  snart  ❫  ¹ On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara