Part 34

I was standing in front of a huge mansion.My eyes were dazzled with the beauty of the mansion.I looked at myself.I was in the bridal attire,full with the 'solah singar'(16 accesories)."Bhoomi....",I heard a voice from behind.I turned around and found a man in sherwani,dressed fully like a groom."who are u??",I asked in surprise."your soulmate whom you dreamt of all these years....",he said.I tried to see his face but don't know why,despite the lightings and decorations,I couldnt see his face."I never dreamt of any guy!!",I huffed."you did!but didn't realise cause you didn't want to spoil your tomboy reputation ....but you can't change the fact ....you are a girl and every girl has a dream man....",he said in his hushky tone."Naaah!!I don't believe you....!!",I huffed."Then tell me you don't love me after you see my face....",he spoke to which I shivered without reason."Bring it on.....",I ordered."Are you sure???",he asked."I said show me your face....",I yelled.Then he took two steps towards me,and a beam of light illuminated his eyes....Only his eyes were visible to me,the rest of his facial features were still hidden behind the darkness."Now say you don't love me....",he asked again.I don't know what was in those eyes.....I was mesmerised...ior hypnotised may be...I couldn't say no...I couldn't say anything...I just gawked at those magical eyes."Bhoomi....kamini uth......uth kumbh karan ki daadi....aaj teri shaadi hai...",his voice grew into feminine and I stumbled on something and fell intoa pool of water."help...help...I can't swim...",I screamed..I opened my eyes with a jolt and realised it was just a dream...Dream or Nightmare may be...I couldnt fall in love...its just nonsense..."Bhoomi....gaddhi kahin ki ....chal uth...niche teri haldi aur mehendi suru hone wali hai aur tu sapno me khoi reh gyi....",Neha yelled in anger.I was all drenched in water."mein geeli kese ho gayi??",I asked absent-mindedly."mene daala paani tujhe uthane ke liye....ab taiyar ho ke niche aaja..",she left.I got up and went to washroom.After getting ready in the yellow lehenga choli,I went downstairs where a whole clan of ladies were waiting for me.Some of the ladies,hit the dholak and sang songs like,'banno.....' blah blah...I didn't hear the rest.Everyone of the ladies,including mumma,neha,anjali,applied the haldi paste on my hands,legs and face.At the end of the ceremony,I looked like a marinated chickencolonthree emoticon"mumma,mein nahalu??",I asked mumma who was busy talking to the katerer."Thodi der ruk jaa beta...vrna haldi ka rang nahi chadega...",she made a pleading face."okie...",I pouted helplessly and sat on the sofa."smile please....",Neha clicked my pic."panauti.....",I groaned and chased her to snatch the phone.when I finally caught her,she smirked."Too late baby....ye pic toh gaya Rajiv jiju ke paas..."I was shocked and hit her in anger,"Aisa kyu kiya tune....??""Abhi photo toh chala gaya..abhi kuch nahi ho sakta...",she made a puppy face calming me down ."I hate you....",I yelled."ok ok...I will ask somya jiju to delete it before Rajiv jiju sees it...now smile na...",she held her ears.And I smiled.***********************************After taking bath,I was again summoned for the mehendi ceremony.Being the all ladies ceremony,again I had to see the faces of those ladies.The mehendi artist applied mehendi on my palms in beautiful patterns.With me,all the other ladies also started to apply mehendi on their palms.Aisha came to me and showed her mehendi."kesa hai??",she chirped."beautiful...",I quipped.preeti and miya also came to us and showed me their palms.I smiled awkwardly as in real was getting bored.After getting the mehendi applied upto my elbow level,my hands ached."can I go to my room?mumma?",I again went to my mother.She frowned."Sab log yahan hai tumhare liye aur tum ho ki....",she was about to yell but Anjali,neha and my three cousins entered to rescue me."Rehne dijiye aunty,bichari thak gayi hai...",Anjali tried to convince mumma."haan haan...jaane do bichaari ko...vrna raat ko apni hi shaadi me mareli murgi lagegi..." Neha joined Anjali."yup....kaaki..wese bhi hum hai na usko company dene ke liye.." Aisha winked and finally mumma agreed.I went to my room followed by My friends and cousins and dozzed of on mybed,while neha and anjali held my hands,protecting my Mehendi.*****POV ENDS************Author's pov***Bhoomi was sleeping blissfully on her bed over her belly like a frogtongue emoticon It was her habit.Anjali and Neha,dabbed some lemon juice on her mehendi to enhance it.when her mehendi became a little dry,both of them left her hands on the bed and continued to dab the juice.Bhoomi's cousins and friends were having a good time chattering.At the same time,they had an eye on the bride also.Suddenly,miya had a mischievious idea.She shared it with others and everyone smiled in approval.All of them went to bhoomi who was still sleeping.Miya brought a mehendi cone and chuckled."ssshhhh...",Aisha made a grumpy face."tu toh isko jaga hi degi...",Anjali whisperedThey took another glance at bhoomi,whose back was facing them.Since she wore a backless choli her back was perfectly exposed.Neha took the cone from Miya and applied mehendi on the back of Bhoomi's waist.After completing,they all did hi-fi and chuckled."Abb aayega mazaa....",preeti winked.Unaware what did her friends do to her,Bhoomi slept peacefully on her bed.