Fair Game: Bitten

En başından başla

"What the h*ll are you doing to him!?" Viper heard someone shout from behind her.

The snake faunus turns around and is faced with Robyn Hill and a few of her Happy Huntresses.

"Oh, well thisss jussst got interesssting." Viper snickered.

"I'm gonna ask you this again. What have you done to soldier boy over there?" Robyn asked pointing her crossbow at Viper.

"Poisoned him, of course." Viper laughed gesturing to her fangs.

"Fiona, get to Clover. The rest of you, help me take this b**ch down." Robyn commanded.

The Happy Huntresses nod in agreement, then the fight starts. Fiona slips past Viper and stays at Clover's side, while Robyn and the others fight the villainess. During the fight, May breaks Viper's aura, leaving her vulnerable. Then, Robyn grabs Viper by the hair and slams her face into the wall, breaking her teeth and knocking her out. Robyn lets go of Viper's hair, letting her drop to the ground.

"Huh, easier than I thought it would be. Guess she's not much of a fighter." Robyn said.

"Ahhh! Robyn!! Come quick!" Fiona yelped, terrified.

The huntress looks towards her girlfriend's direction and sees the atleasian soldier convulsing.

"Fiona, what's happening?!?" Robyn asked running up to them.

"I-I don't know...h-he just started seizing all of the sudden. I think it might be the venom." replied Fiona.

"We gotta get him to Atlas." said May.

"No, in this state, he won't make it to Atlas. We have to take him to the hospital in Mantle, it's the only chance he's got." Robyn told her team.

Robyn and the Happy Huntresses take Clover to Mantle's closest hospital. It's not as great or advanced as the one in Atlas, but it'll keep him alive long enough for additional help to arrive. The doctors take him to be worked on while Robyn and Fiona wait in the waiting room for someone from Atlas to come.

"Who do you think they'll send?" Fiona asked Robyn.

"Well, obviously Qrow, he's Clover's boy-toy. And maybe the other Ace Ops." replied Robyn.

And at that moment a certain huntsman bursts in looking frantic as h*ll, followed by a blonde and a girl in a red hood.

"Qrow! Over here!" Robyn said waving him over.

"What happened!? Is Clover okay!?" Qrow asked worried beyond comprehension.

"We don't know all the details...all we know is that he was bitten by a snake faunus." answered Fiona.

"The doctors are still working on him, so we don't know how he's doing. But he was in pretty bad shape when we got him here." added Robyn.

"So were supposed to just...wait?" Qrow said getting more upset.

"Uncle Qrow, everything's going to be okay. Uncle Clover will be okay." Ruby said holding her uncle's hand.

About two hours later, the doctor comes out. Qrow doesn't waste a second to ask her about Clover.

"He's stable for now. But he's still extremely ill. It would be wise to transfer him to Atlas, so he can get the best treatment." the doctor told him.

"Can I go see him?" Qrow asked.

"Well, he's really in no condition to receive visitors." answered the doctor.

"Please, let me see him." Qrow begged.

"Are you his spouse?" asked the doctor.

"No, not exactly. But I'm his boyfriend." replied Qrow.

"That's close enough, I suppose." shrugged the doctor.

The doctor leads Qrow to Clover's hospital room. His heart broke at the sight of his boyfriend hooked up to all sorts of machines and iv's. He's immediately at his side and holds his hand gently.

"Hey, babe, it's me; I'm here now, so everything's going to be okay. I'm right here and I'm not leaving your side, I promise." Qrow said before kissing the back of Clover's hand.

"I'm sorry I didn't come with you to arrest that guy. You asked me to come, and I said no, and I'm sorry." he cried.

Qrow stays at Clover's side during the transfer to Atlas. And there he continues to remain as Clover goes through additional treatments. Now, all the venom was out of Clover's system. The only problem now is his fever...and the nightmares that come with it. He wakes up for the first time since coming to Mantle's hospital, screaming.

"Clover! Clover, calm down, babe. It's okay, you're safe, you're alright." Qrow said comforting him.

Clover's rapid breathing slows down and he flops back onto the bed.

"Qrow..." Clover sobbed weakly.

"Shhh, it's okay, Cloves. It was just a dream." Qrow soothed, rubbing Clover's head.

His hand then rests at Clover's forehead, checking his temperature.

"Clover, babe, you're burning up. Gods, that fever just won't quit, will it?" sighed Qrow.

"In the dream....you....died....killed by Tyrian....w-with...with Kingfisher....sorry...couldn't save you." Clover cried feverishly.

"Like I said earlier, it was just a dream. I'm here, and I ain't going anywhere." Qrow said running his fingers through Clover's hair.

Then he moves his hand down to caress Clover's cheek, who leans into the gentle touch with a whimper.

"Wait...Leblanc..." Clover said furrowing his eyebrows.

"He's in custody. Penny and Winter got him before he could get into the building. Guess he didn't think his plan all the way through. Oh, and his b**ch of a fiancee that poisoned you is in custody too. Robyn and the Happy Huntresses did quite the number on her, they're the reason you're alive. They saved you." Qrow told his boyfriend.

Clover relaxes with a relieved sigh.

"Now, let's get that fever of yours down." Qrow said standing up.

He goes to leave, but weak fingers clasp around his wrist.

"Just call a nurse, Qrow. Don't leave me, please stay." Clover said looking up at his boyfriend with pleading eyes.

Smiling, Qrow sits back down and takes Clover's hand in both of his.

"Okay, babe." Qrow said kissing Clover's forehead.

"Remind me later to thank Robyn for the save." Clover said getting drowsy.

"I will." replied Qrow.

Clover's recovery took a week and a half. And there wasn't a second that Qrow wasn't at his side, taking care of him.