Chapter 61

Dean POV:

While the doctor checking Seth, I go to the downstairs to know what happened. I call all my servants and ask what happened when Seth came downstairs. Lana says that she saw Seth went to the kitchen.

I call Becky to know what happened in the kitchen. She says that Seth came there to drink something but finally ended up with a cup of coffee which she prepared for me. Other than that, she says she doesn't know anything.

"Coffee.."

I remember what Randy said before he hung up the phone. This means Seth drank the poisoned coffee which was prepared for me. I glare at Becky and slap her hard in the face, "How dare you to poison the coffee?"

She cups her cheek and cries, "I didn't.."

I slap her another cheek and shout, "If you didn't, then who poisoned the coffee?"

She cries and moves backward as I walk to her with anger in my eyes. I try to hurt her but Roman grabs me from behind and tries to calm me. I push him away and make my way to her but stop when I hear my phone rings.

I attend the call and yell it on the phone without noticing the number, "What?"

"Shit! Just missed. My baby saved you from me!" When I hear that idiot's voice, I lose my control and yell in anger, "You crossed your limit, Mr. Gangster. I'll show you who this superstar is!"

"You proved, man, that you're an artist. Even in this situation, you still talk dialogues.. dialogues... Do you never have a bore of it? Okay, just leave it. How is Seth? Is he okay?" He asks in a concerned tone.

"Shut the hell up or I'll make you shut," I say through a gritted teeth and glare at Becky who looks at me with fearful eyes.

Before I reach her, I hear him laughing through the phone, "Don't kill your servant misunderstanding that she did the crime. Even you hurt them, they really work for you. If they admit to help me, I just wouldn't tell to poison the coffee. I would tell them to shot a bullet right at your head!"

I look over the surroundings and notice a man in the group looks at me. When he notices my eyes on him, he pretends to check out the decorations. I hang up the phone and walk over to catch him.

He starts to run so I alert my securities to catch him before he escapes. I glare at him and grab him by the collar as the securities surround us. Before I hurt him, the doctor calls me to tell about Seth's condition.

I tell the securities to keep him before going to the doctor. My heart bursts out of my chest as I hear her saying that Seth had a miscarriage. I hold my head in frustration and try to process everything.

I don't know how Seth would take this so I ask her about him. She says that he is still unconscious. "Be strong and take care of him," She says and pats my shoulder.

I nod and let her leave before turning my attention to the man who poisoned the coffee. Roman stops me and lets me take care of Seth. He is right and I need to stay with Seth at this time.

I go to the room and look at Seth's pale face as he lays on the bed. I wipe the tear which flows on my face as I see him. I take a deep breath and calm myself before sitting at the edge of the bed and look at his blood-stained pants.

I pull him against my chest and carry him to the bathroom to clean him. After cleaning his body, I dress him into a pair of sweatpants and make him lay on the bed. I stroke his hair slowly as I think about how to tell him about the miscarriage.

A few hours later, he opens his eyes slowly and lets out a whining sound as he places his hand on his stomach. "Is your stomach hurt, baby?" I ask and watch him slightly move and lean against the headboard.

"Yeah.. just a little. I can get the pain but I don't know how our baby took the pain when my stomach hit the counter. I don't know what happened but suddenly my eyes got blur and my limps got numb when I drank the coffee.." He says and rubs his stomach, still thinking the baby is there.

I place my hand on his and try to comfort him, "Baby, I know it would be painful for both us but keep yourself strong.." I look at his confused eyes as he sees me rubbing his stomach and says, "You had a miscarriage!"

His eyes go wide when he heard what I said and pushes me away, "No.. I won't believe this. My baby is strong so nothing happened to them.." He grabs the collar of my shirt and says, "Tell me, Dean. You lied to me... Please, tell me, you lied to me.." He cries and holds me tightly.

The scratchy beard that moves against my neck is usually one to make me laugh from the way it tickles, but now it's not the time for that. The hot, wet tears running down my neck is enough of a signal for me.

"Just try to accept this, baby. Cry as much as you want but don't blame yourself for this." I say gently, kissing the top of his messy dark hair. He cries heavily and it makes my heart melts, forming tears back in my eyes.

I need to be strong to take care of him but the tear doesn't stop falling down on my cheeks because it's our baby... It's our first kid that we lost. The first and the best in our life left us before it saw the world!