Chapter 33~I Now Pronounce You Husband And Wife

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, I've been planning this chapter out carefully and also working on other stories I have, trying to get those updated as well. But, here it is now, so don't get your granny panties in a twist and read!!! (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You ready to go man?" Zacky asked me as I finished straigtening my tie.

I smiled a little and said, "Yeah, I'll be down soon." Zacky nodded and then disappeared down the stairs. I took in a deep breath and let it out as I stared at myself in the mirror. I felt excitement build up inside of me, in another hour or so, I'll be somebody's husband. Hell yes!!

I quickly made my way downstairs to where the others were waiting for me, and then we all got in the car and Matt drove us to the church as fast as I could get him to go, I just wanted to get there already.

People filled up the church pews, I could see Nick and Amanda in the front row, he had Connor's friend and Kristina's cousin Emma with him, she had rode with them. Connor asked if he could bring her so he'd have someone to talk to and create chaos with. We still tease him about her being his 'girlfriend', and it really annoys him, so that's why we do it. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if within the next few years he comes home and announces that she's his newfound girlfriend.

Soon, we were walking down the aisle and lining up, then waiting for the music to start and the girls to come down the aisle. I was feeling incredibly anxious and excited at the same time, I could barely stand still. I looked out at the people, I saw my mother and father, Papa and Mama Gates with McKenna, and they had Madison with them for the time being until the ceremony was over. They had been like a second family to me growing up, I felt that they should be here, and I was glad they came. There was one woman on the other side, sitting behind Nick. I didn't know who she was, and I knew everybody that we'd invited. I watched her for a little while, and when she looked up at me, I quickly looked away. The last thing I wanted was for her to know I had been staring at her, trying to figure out who the hell she was. She might've been my parents' age, but I couldn't be sure. Not any older than that though.

I heard the music start, and my heart took a giant leap. I looked to the big double doors at the other end of the aisle, Kristina was first, walking down the aisle. I watched as Charlotte  made her way down the aisle, then Christina, and then Sabal. I saw Chloe emerge, with Connor beside her as the ring bearer. Chloe smiled as she dropped petals on her way down the aisle, and when she got up to the altar I bent down on one knee in front of her for a moment.

"You look very beautiful today, Chloe." I told her quietly, and she smiled at me.

"Thank you, Daddy. You don't look too bad yourself." She said matter-of-factly and I chuckled and kissed her forehead before letting her go to her designated spot.

I stood back up, and as I did, the music changed over. My heart started beating even faster, and my breath caught in my throat when Megan appeared in the doorframe. She was absolutely beautiful, as always. I felt a smile on my lips as I watched her walk down the aisle, looking like an angel personally sent for me and only me. And I got to keep her forever.

She stepped up in front of me, and my smile grew wider. The pastor started with the opening lines, but I barely heard him because all I could do was stare in Megan's hazel eyes and think about the moment we would kiss and be deemed husband and wife. It seemed like an eternity from now, even though it really wasn't. 

I tuned back in when we were asked to join hands. I gently took both of Megan's hands, and the pastor continued on. "Do you, James, take Megan to be your lawfully wedded wife?"