Chapter 5~Double Date!?

In the late afternoon a couple days later, I heard an excited sounding knock at my door. That meant only one thing. It had to be Kristina. I walked to the door and opened it, to reveal exactly who I thought it was. Kristina was bouncing around excitedly as I let her in, obviously here with some kind of news to tell that made her happy. We went into the living room and she made me sit down so she could tell me what it was she was so excited about.

"Ok, so, Brian and I are double dating tonight." She started, and I didn't see what the big deal was. Those two have been together since Jimmy and I caught them sucking face in the middle of the guitar section at the music store.

"Yeah, so?" This is where she got really excited.

"You gotta promise you won't flip out when I tell you this." She said, a bit calmer. I wasn't quite sure I could promise that if she thought I would flip out at whatever it was she was about to tell me. So I lied.

"Ok, I promise I won't flip out on you." I tried not to say it through my teeth.

"Promise?"

"Promise." I confirmed, and she grinned, taking a deep breath.

"You're going with us on the date with Jimmy."

I almost died. "I'M DOING WHAT NOW!?!?!" Told you I couldn't promise I wouldn't flip.

"Hey! You said you wouldn't flip out." She pretended to pout.

"Is he ok with this!?" I demanded, ignoring her fake pouting.

She nodded. "Yeah, he's fine." I could've just exploded and you'd have to hose me off the walls. Kristina must of noticed this, because she said, "Hey, chillax woman!! You're just going as friends!"

"I know what your intentions are, Kristina Williams, and I will not fall into your trap!" I crossed my arms and stomped my foot.

"Why, I would never do such a thing!" She said innocently, smirking. "Maybe you'll get lucky and stop being stubborn and score a boyfriend tonight." She muttered as she dragged me upstairs to start getting ready. I could've just exploded into a fit of swearing, but I swallowed the temptation down.

She started going through my dresser for something 'nice' to wear, and when I asked if I had to wear a Goddamn dress she said no, we were only going to the movies. But what I didn't get was why I had to wear something nice if Jimmy and I were just going as friends.

"Kris! Just let me wear whatever. You're the one who always says that a guy should like you no matter what you wear." I reminded her, mocking her voice. She stared at me blankly and then left me to dress myself. Huh, it worked. Cool!

I had to rearrange my dresser again from where Kris had gone through it, and pulled out a black polo shirt, and pulled on some jeans carefully this time so I wouldn't cut my cheek again. I brushed my dark  hair, taking the frizz out of it.  I let it hang in my face like I usually did, not bothering to make myself look oh-so-beautiful like Kristina. We had completely different styles and views on things, but we were still best friends.  The girl might drive me nuts sometimes, but I still loved her.

I bounded downstairs, and into the kitchen where Kris was waiting with a beer and a magazine at the bar. She glanced up from her magazine from me, and frowned disapprovingly.

"I'm not even going to say anything." She muttered, and I smirked proudly.

"Good." I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a beer for myself while we waited. "So are we going in separate cars again?" I asked, staring straight ahead at the wall. She turned her head to look at me.

"No, we'll go together this time." Out of the corner of her eye I could see her smirk. "Unless you want me to call Brian and tell him that you want to be alone with Jimmy in another car...." She trailed off, he smirk growing wider by the end of the sentence.