Chapter 22~Mr. And Mrs. Gates

“Can someone come zip up my dress?” Kristina asked as she walked into the living room where the rest of us were waiting. I got up and moved to stand behind her, zipping up her dress.

“Sure, I’ll zip it up now just to have Brian unzip it later.” I teased, and Kristina laughed.

“You look beautiful, Kris.” Christina told her as she handed Kristina her bouquet of flowers. Kristina smiled and her cheeks turned light pink.

“Thanks, I’m super nervous though.” She said, studying the red flowers in her hands.

“Why are you nervous? Brian loves you and has chosen you over every pretty girl on the planet.” Sabal said, and Kristina sighed.

“I know, I know, I’m not really nervous over anything. Wedding jitters, y’know?” She shrugged.

“Well, Brian picked the right girl. You two are perfect.” I told her, and she smirked.

“Y’know who else make perfect couples? All of you and your men!” She told us, and then added, “Dare any of you break up, I will beat the shit out of you until you kiss and make up!!” She said it in a teasing tone, making us laugh. But, I didn’t doubt that she really would do it. Charlotte checked the time and told us it was time to get Kristina and Brian hitched, and we left for the church.

We waited behind the big, wooden doors of the church for the music to start. They were open a little bit, and through the crack I could see the guys lined up and waiting, Nick sat in the third row. Nick’s bones had healed, he had been taken out of the cast a week ago. They were doing better, and Connor had gone back to his happy, outgoing self. Nick was still a bit sad, but the guy lost the one person he wanted to be with forever. He was staying strong though, there was a smile on his face more often, genuine or not. The bruises had mostly faded and the scars had disappeared. Connor was back here with us, waiting beside the flower girl. He would walk down with her, holding the rings. The flower girl, Emma, was Kristina’s little cousin. Connor and Emma became friends real fast, and they stood behind us giggling about different things. I turned around and nudged Kristina to get her attention.

“Kris, I think you hooked up my nephew with your cousin.” I whispered, and made a motion with my eyes towards the two six year olds. She turned around slightly to look at them, and then when she turned her head back she had a smirk on her face.

“Now we have something new to tease them about.” Kristina wiggled her eyebrows, and I laughed and nodded.

“I’m sure the guys will help.” I said, and she laughed.

“No doubt.”

The music started, and I was the first to go down the aisle. I watched Sabal, Christina, Charlotte and Amanda walk down until they found their spots next to me. Then, of course, came Emma and Connor, who looked adorable dressed up. Emma did a good job of dropping the red flower petals along the aisle, and Connor stayed in pace with her the entire time, even when she had to pause to drop petals. Sometimes ring bearers that are little kids will get ahead of the flower girl and walk faster, but that wasn’t the case with Connor. He stayed by her side the entire time patiently. Ahh, young love. Jimmy let Connor stand in front of him so he could see, so I did the same for Emma.

The pastor started with the opening words you might normally hear. “We are gathered here today to celebrate the two lives of Kristina Williams and Brian Haner Jr. joining together in holy matrimony.”

I watched and listened as they said ‘I Do’ and their vows, watching the tears of happiness flow down Kristina’s face. Every now and then I could see Brian reach up and wipe a few away, even though they would soon be replaced.