Chapter 2~Payday

Kristina danced around my living room with the check she had received for last night, our pay. We each got a separate check that when totalled up, came to about 1,500 dollars. We were all celebrating at my place, but Kristina seemed like she was really enjoying herself with the money she was holding.

"Ohmigosh, Megz! We have to get these cashed and go do some spending!!" Ugh, I hate shopping, but I agree to it anyway since she's so excited.

"Fine, let's go. Do you boys want to join us?" I asked Henry and Michael.

"Well, I guess we could." Henry shrugged and Michael nodded. Wow. They didn't have anything else to do beside shopping with two girls? Sorry, one girl and one tomboy.

And so we set out on our journey to the mall, taking my car. I somehow let Kristina drag me around through a bunch of stores I hate shopping at with the clothes that squeeze the motherfuck out of you. Finally she let me go to stores I liked, and then we had to let Michael and Henry go to stores they wanted to. Then there was one store we all agreed was amazing and went to together. The music store.

Everything from CD's to instruments, this place is every musician's heaven. I could spend hours here just looking at all the sets of drums and 'sticks, marveling at them. We departed in the store, all wandering to different spots. I, of course, went to the drummer's section and looked around. I was looking through the different types and colored drumsets, stopping in front of one to look at it for a moment. It was a purple with silver trim set, and it looked amazing in the light of the store. I would've bought it right away, if I had enough money. I was just a couple hundred short, and I didn't want to ask the others to pitch in, that wouldn't be fair. I sighed as I stared at it, wanting it badly and fantasizing at how I would behind it. I was brought out of my fantasy when a voice broke through.

"Well I didn't think I'd see you again." The voice was extremely familiar, and made me go cold, much like it had last night. I slowly turned my head and looked up, to see the guy from the night before standing above me. I struggled to remember his name again, it was on the tip of my tongue but my tongue didn't want to roll the name out of my mouth. He nodded his head toward the purple drumset I had been drooling over. "You thinking about buying that?"

"No, I was just looking." I said a little quickly, but he didn't flinch.

"Really? Kind of looked like you were fantasizing over it." He smirked, and for some reason I felt angry.

"What importance does it have to you?" I spat, expecting him to back off a little, but of course he didn't.

"Not much." He looked around, and I stared at him, trying to figure out what the hell this guy wanted from me. "It's a cool set though, you should get it before anybody else does."

"I can't." I muttered, turning and walking further down, looking at the different drumsets. I heard his heavy footsteps behind me.

"Why not?" He pressed, following me closely. This guy just cannot take a hint! I was still trying to figure out his name. It was something like Jason...Jacob... it starts with a 'J', I know that for sure. Was it James? No, that's not what he said, but it was close.

"I don't have enough money." I answered through my teeth, boiling with irritation.

"Are your friends here? Can't they lend you some? My friends do that all the time." Oh good Lord.

I ignored his questions completely. "Where are your friends, anyway? Shouldn't you be hanging with them rather than following me around a music store? You don't even know me!"

"Well, one of my friends are here. He's the lead guitarist in the band I'm in. He's looking at guitars, but I'd much rather look at the drumming stuff." For once, I actually agreed with my stalker. I know what that's like. Kristina will drag me into the guitar section all the time and I'll slowly sneak away to go to drummer heaven.