Chapter 3~The Studio

I woke up early the next morning, Kristina already awake because she was missing from her spot on the floor in my bedroom. We always slept on the floor when we slept over at each others house, unless one of us was emotionally upset or some shit like that. But who says the floor isn't comfortable?

I slowly made my way downstairs, remembering the events of last night. If it was who I thought it was, then how the hell did he find my house? I mean, it had to be him, he was the only one that knew about the drumset. I was positive that my visitor last night was Jimmy. 

I rounded the corner into the kitchen, and saw Kristina helping herself to some cereal. She looked at me and smiled. "Morning, Bitchmuffin." I laughed at her. We call each other names like this all the time, it's our thing.

"Morning." I greeted her, grabbing the box of cereal and a bowl, fixing myself some breakfast.

"Brian called this morning, he's invited us to go to the studio. Said that Jimmy told you should come sometime, so he wants us to come." She smiled happily at the mention of Brian.

"And you said...?"

"Hell yes!" She shoved the spoon into her mouth.

"Of course you did." I said sarcastically, and she shot me a dirty look.

"Hey! This might be a chance to confront Jimmy about your gift you got last night." She pointed out, and I hated to admit she was right.

"What do I say? Hey, I think you were in my backyard last night and I think you left a purple drumset for me with a letter and drumsticks?"

She thought about it for a moment. "Yeah, pretty much."

"No thanks."

She rolled her eyes and sighed. "Don't be such a Negative Nancy!"

I giggled a little. "My name's Megan, not Nancy." I pointed out, and she glared at me playfully.

"Fine. Don't be such a Motherfucking Megan!" We burst out laughing, and when I finally got myself under control I said,

"So when do we go?"

"The boys are going to pick us up around noon." She looked at me and smirked. "In separate cars."

"Really, Kris? Really!?" I demanded, and she giggled.

"Yes, really. So go get gussied up for your lover." She shoed me, as if she were dismissing me.

"I told you he's not--" She cut me off before I had a chance to finish.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Just go do it! I'll see you later, Jimmy should be here in a couple hours." She said, getting up and taking care of her dish.

"Whoa! You're leaving me alone here when he comes!?"

"Yeah, you'll be fine, I promise. He's not going to cause any harm, Megz." She informed me, and then she left. I sighed and trudged up the stairs to the shower. I turned on the water, making sure it was nice and hot before getting in.

Once I'd showered and dried off, I put my hair up in a wet ponytail before I got dressed. I pulled on some black skinny jeans with a bit of struggle, hoping around on foot before falling onto the floor. "DAMN!!" I yelled out as I fell face first, unable to put my arms out in time to break my fall. I fell flat on my face, my cheek numb from the pain of smacking against the floor for a little while.

I pushed myself up off the floor, finally pulling my jeans all the way on. I sighed and rubbed my cheek, and it stung with pain when I did. I flinched from the pain, the numbness wearing off now. I didn't bother to check if it was cut or anything, and continued to get dressed, carefully pulling my Pantera shirt down over my head. Then I combed through my hair and dried it a little more, recombing it since it got a little messed up when I did. I let it hang in front of my face, trying to cover up my injured cheek a little.