Chapter 7~David

I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face as I remembered yesterday. Definitely a great day for not only me, but the entire band as well. I still wanted to know what Jimmy was originally going to say before he left, but I wasn't going to call him up and beg him to tell me. That'd be just fucking creepy. Still, I couldn't help but wonder if he'd tell me if I asked. Probably not.

I rolled out of bed and stepped into the shower, the warm water refreshing me with each passing minute. Then I thought about what Michael wouldn't tell me. Why is everybody keeping things from me? What is so bad that I can't know? Or is it good? Oh well, it didn't matter as long as Michael kept behaving towards the guys. He was more like himself again, but I could tell part of it was still an act. Something about Jimmy made him uncomfortable, or at least something to do with Jimmy, and I wished he'd tell me. Normally he could tell me anything, but that didn't seem to be the case anymore.

When I'd dried off and dressed, I went downstairs and poured some orange juice, guzzling it down quickly. Most people liked to drink coffee, but I couldn't stand the stuff. Grossed me out greatly.

After I'd found something to eat and had enough, I walked into my music room, and got ready to sit down and play when there was a loud knock at my door. I groaned loudly out of frustration, but quickly took it back in case it was Jimmy or Kristina. I walked to the entryway and swung the door open, just about falling over when I saw who was staring back at me. David.

David's an ex of mine, one of the abusive boyfriends I  had. At first he started off great, and then he began to slap me around, and it eventually escalated to rape, and he was taken to jail. If my calculations were correct, that's where he was supposed to be right now.

"David? What the hell do you want? Aren't you supposed to be somewhere? Like, oh, I don't know, JAIL!?" I demanded bravely, and he sent me an innocent look.

"I got out on bail. I came back because I want another shot. I know I fucked up, but I love you and I want to be with you again." He pleaded, but I didn't buy his shit.

"Like hell you're getting another chance." I spat at him, and his eyes filled with rage. A rage that I was still very much afraid of. He pushed me back inside the house and shut the door behind him, shoving me up against the wall. He slapped my cheek, hard. I could feel his hand print burning on the side of my face, imagining what it looked like.

"Don't you fucking speak to me that way, you whore." He hissed, hitting my other cheek just as hard, and both of my cheeks were burning now from where his hand had collided with my face. "You love me and you know it!"

"N-No, I don't love you!" I breathed out, stammering. David froze before me.

"What was that?" He dared me to say it again, the tone in his voice challenging, his eyes menacing.

"I DON'T LOVE YOU!!!" I screamed, and he drew his hand back to hit me again, but I managed to dodge it and dropkick him, sending him to the floor. I kicked him in his ribs to prolong his pain, and ran upstairs to get my phone.

I ran into my bedroom and locked the door, grabbing my phone and waiting anxiously for it to turn on. My first instinct was to call Jimmy, so I found his contact and clicked, pressing the phone to my ear as my hands shook badly.

"Hello?"

"Jimmy!" I called out frantically, and when I heard his voice next, he sounded concerned.

"Megan?"

"Yeah, listen. There's a man here, he's an ex of mine and he's trying to hurt me." I felt my eyes sting with tears, and I ended up whimpering my words out into the phone. "Please, I don't know what to do, and I hear him coming up the stairs. He's going to hurt me and I don't know what to do, Jimmy."