Chapter 14~Tabloid Surprise

Brian's POV ~Three Months Later~

I was out walking with Matt, getting some fresh air while we were parked in Florida. It was about nine in the morning, Zacky had gotten pretty stoned last night and was passed out on the couch. Jimmy was still sleeping, not bothering to get up early this time around since we didn't have a show until later today.

We were talking about ideas for our next album already as we walked past a convience store. Tabloids were on display in the window, and usually I didn't pay attention to the gossip soaked things, but a certain headline caught my eye. I grabbed Matt's arm and to him to hold up, turning back to the store and standing in front of the store. Matt's eyes exploded into huge ovals when he saw what it was that I dragged him back to look at. They were the free kind, so I went in and grabbed one quickly before coming back outside. Matt leaned over my shoulder to get a closer look.

'Forever Falling: Drummer and Lead Singer, Huge Kiss On Stage!'

I stared at the picture of Michael with his arms wrapped tightly around Megan, their lips pressed together. What the fuck?

"Jesus, this'll kill Jimmy." Matt muttered, shaking his head.

"How could she!? How!?" I demanded in protection of one of my best friends. "THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HER!?" I yelled in the middle of the sidewalk, people turning their heads to look at me.

"Brian, calm down. Maybe it's not what you think, read the article first." Matt said, holding his hands up. I doubted that it wasn't what I thought, but I turned to the page anyway and read. It said something about the two being together for a while now, and the moment on stage in Vermont.

"It's just what I thought, Shadz. He'll be crushed, and that's why we're not going to show this to him." I said, folding it up and shoving it into my pocket, and pull my shirt down so it covered the rest of. Matt stared at me with shock and disbelief written on his face.

"But what happens when he sees it for himself? He's going to find out, Brian, whether we like it or not!" He said. "And since when do we believe TABLOIDS!?" He demanded. "For all we know, they could've twisted the story around."

"I seriously doubt that, Matt, but I'm going to hope that's the truth anyway." I turned and walked back towards the bus to hide the tabloid before Jimmy got up. Matt followed behind me, trying to convince me to tell Jimmy as soon as he got up, but I wouldn't give in. I really don't want me to be the one to tell him, and I don't want Matt to say a fucking word either.

Once we were on the bus, I tucked the paper under my pillow safely, and made sure Jimmy was still fully alseep before I did. As I turned to go, Jimmy turned over in his sleep, jumping me a little. This certainly wouldn't be easy keeping what I just saw from him, but it would have to be done.

Jimmy's POV

After the show we played tonight, I went back to the bus to celebrate with the guys, grabbing armfuls of beer, planning to get fucking stoned tonight. We drank two or three bottles, but it was only enough to get me buzzed. I was about to grab my fourth when I really had to go to the bathroom.

I went to the bathroom, and I walked past the bunks. Brian was getting something from his bunk, what I don't know, but I noticed something sticking out from under his pillow as he hit it with his arm. I snuck behind him and smacked his ass, and he yelped. I laughed loudly, keeping my eye on what was sticking out from his pillow.

"Fuck, Jimmy! No smacking my ass! My ass is too good for you!" He teased, and I chuckled.

"Hey man, what's that under your pillow? Love notes from the fans?" I teased back, and he tensed.