Chapter 9~Finally

Brian stared at me like I'd just spoken French and he didn't have a clue what I'd just said. My cheeks were burning and I couldn't look him in the eyes, the words just flew from my mouth. Of course, it was the truth. I'm pretty sure I felt this way about her since the first day I saw her, performing at Johnny's Saloon.

"Did you just admit that you're in love with Megan?" He asked, blinking at me.

"Did you NOT just hear what I told you?" I said sarcastically, and he grinned.

"I knew it was in there somewhere. I swear I won't tell a soul until you give me the ok." He raised his hands up like he was surrendering.

"You better not, or you'll wake up in a box in Cuba." I threatened, and we burst out laughing. Brian patted my back and went back inside, and I soon followed. As soon as I stepped inside, Brian and Kristina were headed back for the entryway, telling me that they were gonna go. I could hear the sound of drums pounding not far away, and after I'd said goodbye to them I went to go explore.

I found an archway that led into a room, and I peaked around the corner to see Megan playing at the drum set I'd left for her, the purple one. I smiled slightly as I watched her, her hands moving quickly and in perfect sync. She was getting better and better as the weeks went by, only ever improving greatly. I slowly walked inside and over to her, and she looked up at me, smiling, and stopped playing.

"Hey, where's Brian and Kristina?" She asked.

"Oh, uh, they left." I moved my eyes from her to the drumset quickly. "May I?" I asked, and she nodded. I sat with her the way had when her band opened for us, with her in between my legs. "Do you have another pair of drumsticks?" I asked, and she quickly handed me her old pair.

"What are you doing?" She asked, and I grinned a little.

"I want to teach you a song, one of our songs." I said, referring to 'our' as Avenged Sevenfold's. "If that's ok with you." I added.

"Sure, go for it. What song is it?"

"Well, we don't have a name for it yet, but we've got all the other stuff written and shit." I shrugged and she laughed lightly. "Here, follow my lead."

We spent about an hour, and it didn't take that long for her to learn. Actually, she only needed extra help on a couple parts, she's a fast learner. It took us that long because we kept laughing our asses off, saying something random throughout the song. When I had her play the song on her own, I sang the words as she played.

Megan finished, and I grinned widely. "Very good! You learn quick."

Her cheeks turned a bright pink, and I remembered when she admitted that I made her blush. "Thanks." I nodded and I put the pair of drumsticks down that she had let me use.

"So, now you just have to learn the words." I told her, and she looked at me with a wild expression.

"Errr, I'm not that great of a singer..."

"Doesn't matter to me." I shrugged. "Besides, you let me be the judge of that."

She laughed a little and nodded. "Alright, fine. You win. But, you don't have to teach me them because I know them already."

"You do!?" I asked, bewildered. She laughed again.

"Well, yeah... you just sang it, dummy!" I facepalmed and shook my head.

"Right, sorry." I smirked as I looked back up. "Alrighty then!" I said, and started singing the opening lines of the song. "Your hazel green tint eyes watching, every move I make."

Megan surprised me by singing the next line. "And that feeling of doubt, it's erased."

"I'll never feel alone again, with you by my side. You're the one, and in you I confide, oh. And we have gone through good and bad times. But your unconditional love was always on my mind!"