Chapter 32~A Show To Remember

I walked up to Megan, who was still sitting behind her drum set. There was a confused look on her face, and she asked what was going on. I just smiled at her and took her hand, leading her down to the front of the stage. Michael moved over to where Henry was on the other side of the stage, and the lights noticeably darkened so that you could only see Megan and I in the middle of the stage. I turned to the microphone stand and took the mic out of the stand.

"Jimmy, what are you doing?" Megan asked.

"Well, I have something that I need to do tonight before I can let you go anywhere." I smirked and took my hand out of my pocket once more, before slowly dropping to one knee. There were a series of approving shouts from the crowd as they watched. I looked up into Megan's eyes, and she looked absolutely baffled by my actions.

"I thought you didn't believe in..." She started.

I smiled at her and said, "I changed my mind." And then I continued, speaking into the mic this time. "Megan, from the first day I laid eyes on you, I knew I couldn't want to be with anybody more than I wanted to be with you, even though you highly disliked me then. But I didn't give up, because I knew I had to make you mine. I know that I only want to love you for as long as I live, and I've never been more sure in my life of what I want." I stared up at her, her eyes were now watery with tears as she smiled down at me. "So I guess only one question still remains."

I took a deep breath, and opened the box to reveal the ring. "Megan Alyssa Cole, will you marry me?" There were more screams from the crowd, I made out a couple as people telling her to say yes. I don't think she needed much persuasion though.

"Yes! Yes, I'll marry you!!" Megan exclaimed, and I smiled widely as I slid the ring onto her finger as the crowd erupted around us.

I stood up and pulled her to me before kissing her with one hand on her cheek. I knew that I'd made the right decision. I was marrying my soul mate, the mother of my child. There was no one on this entire planet I could love like I loved Megan. In my eyes, she was perfect, and she always would be.  

When we pulled away, she hugged me tightly and then Michael moved to say goodnight to the fans since the last event of the night had come and gone. The others flocked around us, but Chloe was the first one to make it to us. I picked her up and she hugged us both. 

We went home shortly after, and Chloe fell asleep on the ride home. I had my hand in Megan's as we drove, holding on tightly.

"She's so cute when she's asleep." Megan said in a quiet voice so she wouldn't wake her.

I smiled and nodded. "She gets that from her mother."

Megan cheeks turned a light shade of red and she grinned. "You would know."

"You're right, I would." I smirked and she chuckled, shaking her head. I pulled up to the house and we got out. I opened the car to the backseat on the side Chloe was on, gently unbuckling her. I carefully lifted her out of the car and into the house. Megan went upstairs to get ready for bed, and I told her I'd join her soon.

I walked up the stairs behind Megan, then walking down the hall and into Chloe's bedroom. I pulled back the covers with one hand while holding onto Chloe with my other arm, her head resting on my shoulder as she breathed softly. Then I slowly laid her down and covered her up. Chloe's eyes opened, but just barely.

"Daddy?" Her voice was tired, I could tell she was just barely awake at the moment.

"Mhmm. You're at home now, go back to sleep, ok?" I told her softly, and she nodded. I kissed her forehead and turned to go towards the door.

"I love you, Daddy." Chloe murmered as she turned over on her side and snuggled into the bed. I smiled and said,

"I love you too, Chloe."

I crossed the hall and into the bedroom, where I found Megan just finishing with putting her hair back into a ponytail for the night. I sat down on the edge of the bed and pulled her into my lap, kissing her face and neck.

"Do you remember when you once told me that there was somebody somewhere in the world that was perfect for me, and I just had to discover him?" She asked, and I nodded and smiled.

"Yeah, that was the same night we got smashed together." I smirked at the memory, that was a hell of a night.

"Did you know that you were him?"

"I don't know if I really did then or not, I know that hoped I was. There's still something you don't know about that night, because you were passed out cold." I smirked more, and her eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"Ok, what did you do?" Megan questioned teasingly, and I laughed.

"I woke up in the middle of the night, which is really weird because normally I don't after getting stoned, but I did, and you were moving around in your sleep. I think you must've been having some kind of nightmare or something, because you kept moving around frantically and moaning. So, I automatically wanted to calm you down, and I put my arm around you and held onto you until you calmed down and then I went back to sleep." My cheeks had reddened slightly, and I was grinning.

"Well, I remember waking up in the morning with your arm around me, but I don't remember anything about having a nightmare that night. Hell, that was the most I was trashed in my entire life, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was having some weird dream." Megan shook her head and smiled, doing that thing where she bit her lip as if trying to hide the smile.

"Why do you do that?" I asked softly, and she gave me a confused look.

"Do what?"

"Smile and then bite your lip like you have to hide it right away." I told her, and she shrugged.

"I don't know, force of habit I guess. Sometimes I don't even know I'm doing it." Megan said, and I pressed my lips to hers.

"It's cute."

"Is it?" She smiled slightly as I continued to kiss her.

"Mhmm." I'm honestly not sure how I survived the four years without her. I basically dragged myself through them, missing her every moment of the day. I always kept the goodbye note she had left me with me, either in my pocket or somewhere close by. I did what she asked of me, I kept playing shows and continuing on with the guys, but it wasn't easy. In my mind, I always played for her. I made sure Nick and Connor were taken care of and looked after, especially because Nick was still having a hard time about Julianna. I had found it so hard not to blame myself for her leaving, I constantly kept thinking that somehow it was my fault. But whenever those thoughts crept into my mind, I would read over the letter, seeing where she told me not to blame myself, and they would stop. If it hadn't been for the others, I don't want to imagine where I'd be right now. It wouldn't be good, I know that. But even when I was surrounded by them, I still felt alone and empty inside. My other half had left me.

But I didn't have to feel that way anymore, because now I had her back again, with an amazing addition by the name of Chloe. Instead of being empty, I was complete. And now, it wouldn't be long before I would call her my wife. Even when it feels like all hope is lost, it's not. You're never completely alone no matter how lonely you might feel. In the end, it'll all be ok, and if it's not ok, then it's obviously not the end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short, yes, but it's all I can think of to write at the moment :/ There'll be another update as soon as I can think of things to write. Also, when this story's done, which I'm sad to say won't be long, I'm thinking of starting another A7X fan fic staring Mr. Vengeance (: Let me know what you think bout that