| XL | The Corridor of Elders

*No POV*

     Kai stood on top of the counter in front of a large group of kids at Doomsday Comics. "I wish I could say we're not facing an army unlike we've ever seen, but we have, and we know what they're capable of."

     At his parents' junkyard, Jay was giving his own speech. "Right now, our cities and villages are falling, which is why we're asking everyone to rise up!"

     Zane was at his statue. "We all may have different backgrounds, but we all share the same future."

     Cole, at the prison with the captives. "You may wonder why we're asking you to fight for Ninjago—we aren't. We're asking you to fight for each other."

     Lloyd was at the museum. "We're asking you to fight as one!"

     Scarlett stood in front of Borg Towers. "I know it's scary... I'm scared too. But I also love this city as much as you all do. So please... help each other. Stay together!"

     Everyone cheered at the speech each Ninja gave, their fire fueled as well. They were ready to protect their city, to help their saviors win.

     After splitting up, the Ninja came back together with the elemental masters. They began to make their way to the corridor, where the final stand would take place.

     Chen was already making his way there as well, being carried in his copter with the Anacondrai holding him. Even in the last moments of freedom, he didn't have any decency.

     But the Ninja and the elemental masters were already standing up ahead, waiting for them. They got closer and closer, the ground even shaking.

     "There's so many of them..." Jay mumbled.

     The Anacondrai stopped, forming their lines. Lloyd held up his hand, energy in it, and burned the dirt to make a solid line. He then turned around, putting his mask on.

     "We fight for each other. We fight as one!"

     The other Ninja did the same, everyone cheering. Chen finally noticed them, scowling. "The Ninja."

     "Hold the line..." Lloyd held up his hand.

     Everyone prepared to fight, but Chen had already called it. "Charge!"

     As the lines of snakes neared the group, Skylor took Red's hand in hers. "Don't... don't leave my side."

     With a gentle squeeze, he responded, "We will revert back to normal... and we will stop your father together."

     The Anacondrai got closer and closer and everyone almost went for it. Lloyd, however, placed his hands out. "Hold the line...!"

     They were just a few feet apart, but the green ninja didn't give in. "Hold...!"

     But it was worth it, as an entire two lines of Anacondrai fell into the hole that was made because of the line. Chen widened his eyes. "Trap door? That's my signature move! Ugh... destroy them!"

     "Now!"

     Zane stepped up and formed ice over the hole and everyone began attacking.

     Kai and Jay stood back-to-back, shooting their elements out of their hands. "Lightning!" and "Fire!" came out of their mouths, and the Anacondrai were suffering from it.

     The citizens were getting involved, and they were doing a good job as well. So far, no one was getting hurt.

     "Push them back!" Karloff shouted.