| XXV | Spy for a Spy

*No POV*

     Hearing her warning, Dareth gasped. "Savages!"

     He went to the chair, staring at all the buttons. "Uh, where is that cloak button?"

     Just as Chen's reinforcements arrived, he began attempting to make the vehicle disappear—it was far too late, however. Nonetheless, he pressed multiple buttons, not sure which one would help mask the vehicle.

     First it became a noodle truck, then a circus truck, even a rock. Then he turned it into a school bus and he became distressed the closer they got.

     Finally, Dareth managed to change the vehicle to be more suitable, with weapons equipped. He smirked to himself as he said, "Now let's test what's under the hood."

     He then charged forward, knocking the cultists away and driving out of the cave. He drove off but the reinforcements were quick and followed behind in copters and buggies.

     Unfortunately, Dareth easily lost control of the vehicle.

     He let out a few screams, fumbling with the buttons. "Somebody get me out of here!"

     With another swift press of a button, the hood lifted and he was pushed back in his seat. A miniature robot then appeared from under. "Autopilot initiated."

     "Ha! About time you showed up, little dude!"

     Dareth put on his brown mask as if he was a ninja, staring at the computer that was going to fire beams. "Alright, boneheads. I got a bone to pick with—"

     Just as he was about to finish, the vehicle stumbled over a few rocks, causing the missile above him to fire at the rocks instead of the reinforcements. However, that proved to be useful as the rocks then fell on top of the copters.

     "Score one for the Brown Ninja!"

     To break his victory, however, a gate then stood in his way. The robot flinched, covering its eyes in fear.

     "Bad autopilot, bad autopilot!"

     Dareth was forced to brake the vehicle, and as it was going too fast, it ended up on its side. When he took a few breaths, he found himself on the edge of the cliff, about to fall, and screamed cowardly.

     The reinforcements then arrived, blocking every and any exit he could have. Not thinking rationally, he shouted into the communication device, "I've been taken hostage by the savages!"

     "You're on your own! Go on without me!"

     Nya's watch couldn't have released Dareth's voice at a worse time. She was fanning Chen with a regular fan this time, but he sat up when hearing him on the other line.

     "So you're the spy!" he said as he grabbed her wrist, making her lean forward a bit. With all her movements from before and even now, the spell managed to reveal itself. "The spell!"

     Before he could do anything else, she kicked him back. "Oh, and by the way? Your feet stink!"

     Clouse and a guard both went for her, but she ran forward and jumped, making them collide into each other. Chen then took the initiative and grabbed his staff, shooting ice from it but missing her.

     Nya was already gone, and he ordered, "Get her, and get that spell! Where is the boy?"

     "There is no time to find him, Master..." Clouse said as he stood up, running after Nya himself.