| VIII | Making Friends

*No POV*

     Scarlett rested her head on Neuro's lap, sighing. "And then he just... he just left. Or I left. I don't even remember. Pretty sure it was me."

     "That's because you're drunk, sweets," Ash told her, lifting the bottle to his lips and taking another sip. "Nowhere near as drunk as I can get, though—have another one."

     "Aw, Scarlett... breakups aren't fun. At all." Camille sighed, leaning down from the bed and ruffling her hair. "But you don't have to worry about it anymore."

     "Yeah, but... man, I don't like Skylor. That bitch is so... mean." Scarlett hugged Neuro's leg, sighing. "She's so touchy, and I think Kai's already into her."

     The mind master only pat her head awkwardly.

     "Meh, don't stress about it. You don't need the fucker, anyway. And if you're into ninjas, I know the green one's been all over you lately," Ash told her, resting his head on his palm.

     "Lloyd?" Scarlett lifted her head up, shaking it. "No, I don't think he's into me. He's just looking after us all. He's the team leader."

     "I hate to sound rude, but... what team?" Turner asked. Camille gave him a slap on the arm, making him wince. "You guys seem like you can't really get your act together."

     Scarlett was going to object, only to realize he was right. They were all split, just coming back together as a group—but without Zane, a team seemed impossible.

     "No, you're right... we aren't a team anymore. After we lost our friend, we all dispatched. It's hard to come back now." She sighed, looking down.

     It was silent in the room—drunk as they were, they knew better than to ask about a loss.

     "Look on the bright side," Neuro finally spoke, hooking an arm around her shoulders. "You have new friends to talk to and hang out with. That's always a good thing."

     "And while you can never replace an old friend... look forward to the future. There's always something better out there," Turner added with a grin.

     "Come here, babe." Camille pat the seat next to her, bringing Scarlett into a hug once she sat and taking her from Neuro. "If you need anything, we're all here. Forget about those ninja—you're an Elemental Master, like us."

     The others nodded, agreeing with the Master of Form. Scarlett finally nodded, smiling at them. "You guys are so cute. Thanks..."

     "Here, have the rest of it." Ash held the bottle out to her, letting her take it. She easily gulped the remaining drink down, playing with the bottle afterward.

     "I believe we've had enough..." Neuro said, standing up. "We cannot have ourselves walking like lunatics tomorrow."

     "Are you kidding? Boo-hoo." Ash stuck his tongue out with a wild grin. "We aren't stopping until Neuro doesn't have his smartass senses anymore."

     "Guess we're all gonna be walking like lunatics then." Turner chuckled.

     "No, Neuro's right..." Scarlett sighed, standing up, kind of wobbly. "Any one of us could be fighting tomorrow—later on, actually. And we should all be rested."

     "Yeah, you definitely aren't as drunk as you could be," Ash pointed out.

     "Of course I'm not. If I was, do you think I'd be standing here, telling us to get some sleep? Sorry, I'm just concerned... I just don't want any of you to lose tomorrow, if you do fight," Scarlett said, playing with her fingers.