| VI | Dinner

*No POV*

Scarlett opened her eyes, sitting up. She quickly remembered the events up until that moment and sat up, pain shooting up her entire body.

"Ah shit," she mumbled to herself. "Stupid Shadow. If that's even his name."

A knock was heard at her door and she called out for them to come in, and Lloyd entered with Kai, Cole, and Jay.

She collapsed back onto her bed, knowing she didn't have to be on guard with them around. Kai shut the door, taking a deep breath.

He hadn't seen her after she fell—or was attacked, and seeing her now made him feel worse about his actions.

"How you feeling?" Jay asked, sitting on one side of the bed with Lloyd on the other.

"Iffy. My body's real sore," she responded, sighing. "But they said my arm was broken from the fall. God, did he have to go to that extent to get the blade? I had it first, anyway."

"In this place, you never know who could do what." Cole sighed, crossing his arms. "Bastard. He seems quick enough, if he was able to get a blade that fast. Why didn't he just screw off and find himself another one?"

"Who knows?" Lloyd shook his head. "It's like you said, you never know who could do what in this place."

"You've been awfully quiet," Scarlett spoke, looking up at Kai. He was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed and looking away from everyone. "Is everything alright?"

"I'm... I'm fine. Worry about yourself, you need to recover." He most definitely didn't feel like telling her that he saw her up on the balcony and thought getting the Jade Blade was more important. Smooth, Kai. Smooth.

"As much as she needs recovery, we need to get out of here." Lloyd stood up. "We're finding Zane tonight."

"That I can agree on." Cole nodded. "Then we get out of this place. I can't stand it! The only good thing here is the food..."

"Oh, really?" Scarlett asked. "Is the stuff from his restaurant in here?"

"Oh, yeah! It's really good, too—"

"Can you please stay on task? Food is the last thing we should be thinking about right now," Kai snapped.

Both Cole and Scarlett gave him looks of shock. "Food is important."

"At least we know she hasn't lost her mind." Jay shrugged.

"We're meeting up for dinner soon. You coming?" Lloyd asked her.

"Uh, yeah, in a bit. Just let me..." She sat back up again, stretching her good arm out. "Get my shit together."

"See you down there," Cole said as they all stood up, waving and exiting the room.

Once they were gone, Scarlett got to her feet. She looked down at her left arm, wrapped, and sighed. "Okay, you can deal with it. It'll heal eventually."

She walked out of her room and shut the door behind her, walking down to the buffet room. She went down the wrong hallway a few times but eventually made it.

All the elemental masters were seated in booths, but she didn't recognize her friends anywhere. She went to grab a tray and some food, and as soon as she turned around, someone shouted her name.

"Scarlett, over here!" Turner was waving with his chopsticks, and she smiled a bit. Just as she was about to walk over to him, she saw a hint of blue out of the corner of her eye and turned her head.