| IV | Master Chen

*No POV*

     Once everyone was in the main room, they sat in a large circle. Garmadon's words stuck in the ninjas' minds, and Lloyd was the first to say something about it.

     "You never told me you had a sensei."

     "When I was your age, I... sought a darker means of guidance." Garmadon frowned a bit. "He taught me to win at all costs, no matter who I hurt. It wasn't until you saved me that I saw the light."

     "Uh, apparently he also never taught you how to have a sense of humor." Jay stood up. "Lighten up! We're in an underground fight club, this is supposed to be fun!"

     "Sit your ass down." Scarlett yanked Jay back just as a warrior banged a gong.

     Clouse lifted his hands up. "All rise for Master Chen!"

     Everyone did as told, and suddenly, a chair from above was brought down with a man sitting in it. "Welcome to the Tournament of Elements! Now everyone can all die." With those words, he held his arm out and the door shut. "Direct your attention to me!" And he began laughing maniacally.

     "I forgot to mention," Garmadon whispered to his son. "He has a pension for theatrics."

     "Never before have so many elemental fighters been under one roof." Chen got off his chair, walking to the middle of the room to point out some of the fighters. "I see Master of Fire, Earth, Shadow, Speed... oh, a prophesied Green savior, and... what's this?"

     Looking to Scarlett, his smirk only grew. "The element that was thought to only be a legend... the Master of the Dragon Flame herself! How intriguing..." He then looked to Garmadon. "And a former pupil has returned."

     Scarlett shifted uncomfortably, fiddling with her fingers. Why did that have to be me?

     Chen soon turned back to a golden board with a snake symbol on it. "This symbol before you is of the Anacondrai, fiercest warrior to ever roam this land! It's creed... only one can remain."

     The follower then pulled a small lever, the board opening and revealing fighter brackets. Seeing each opponent, Kai sighed in relief. "Good, looks like we're each in our own brackets. Looks like we won't be facing each other for a while."

     "Better find Zane before that happens," Lloyd whispered.

     "Behold..." Chen spoke as Clouse held up an emerald-type weapon. "A Jade Blade! Here, it represents life. Obtain it, move on. Allow your opponent to take it... loser! The rules are simple. Every match will be different. No two fights will be the same! Your powers will keep you in the tournament. Use it or lose it!"

     "Lose it..." Scarlett repeated to herself, frowning. "Lose it?"

     "I don't think you wanna miss the history lesson." Cole gently elbowed her.

     "Yeah, I got it."

     "What does Karloff win?" the Metal Master asked.

     "Win and stay on the island. Win it all and you'll receive fortunes beyond your wildest dreams," Chen explained with a wild smile and a spin. "And lifetime supply of Master Chen noodles! But no one is here because of noodle... you want the glory of being the greatest fighter in all of Ninjago!"

     After applauding from the elemental masters, Garmadon spoke up. "And what happens if they lose?"

     "Lose? Who here likes to lose?" Chen teased, rousing a laugh from the group. "Now please, enjoy my island. It's a super-fun-happy place! Fun-time on me!"