| XIX | Shadow versus Light

*No POV*

     The next arena was a bit different than the other ones so far. It was a bit bland save for the fact that the dome everyone was inside was practically split into two.

The Paleman stood in the darker half of the dome, barely able to see a thing. The shadow master was in the brighter half, already dreading it.

For some reason, there were two Jade Blades perched on two different poles on each side, right in front of the fighters. However, upon inspecting them, both knew one of said blades was only an illusion—it was a matter of finding out which one was the real key to victory.

Scarlett looked to the Ninja, letting out a small sigh of relief. "In all honesty, I'm really glad I'm not the one fighting him. The Master of Shadow, I mean. I don't know how that would've turned out."

"I'm sure you would've done great," Lloyd told her with a small smile.

"Yeah, you totally would've kicked his ass," Turner agreed, grinning.

She smiled at them.

"Light versus shadow... an interesting match indeed," Clouse pointed out from above, standing on one side of Chen.

"Isn't it? I figured two opposite elements would clash." Chen had a wild and sinister grin on his face. "Now, I don't want to wait any longer."

He then prepared to announce the two fighters. "Mr. Pale, Master of Light versus Shade, Master of Shadow!"

"That's his name?" Kai raised an eyebrow, referring to the shadow master. "Huh. Both of them relate to their element."

"Ready... fight!"

With those words, Shade charged toward the Paleman. Although a blade stood right in front of him, he refused to even let his opponent have the chance to grab his blade.

Just as he was coming, the light master disappeared before he could even touch him. Using his invisibility to his advantage, he stepped away from his opponent and went for the poles.

But Shade wasn't having it. He stood still for a few seconds, listening to the faint footsteps of Mr. Pale. He then ran for the poles, jumping up and feeling his body on the left one, forcefully bringing him down.

The impact made him return to normal and he groaned a bit, not expecting the attack. What surprised him even more was that the shadow master jumped back down, taking him by the feet and swinging him, then throwing him into the wall of the dome.

"Damn... talk about no mercy," Jay mumbled.

"He's... he's not even worried about the blade. He's just attacking the poor guy!" Scarlett put a hand to her mouth in shock.

"His main goal is to defeat his opponent before going for the blade. To make him so weak, he can't even fight," Neuro informed them. "A clever tactic, but... as Jay said, merciless."

Mr. Pale rubbed his head but wasn't done yet. He was back on his feet, but couldn't find the Master of Shadow anywhere.

Fortunately, he wasn't so slick with his element. His shadow was visible on the ground, going toward him, and the light master moved out of the way just before Shade reappeared, ready to throw a punch.

Catching him off guard, the light master held his hands out and shot two bright, white beams from them. Shade clearly didn't see this coming and scowled as he took the hit, being sent flying back a few feet.

The light had burned his especially pale skin and he definitely didn't appreciate the opposing element to him gaining the upper hand. By now, Mr. Pale had recovered a bit and he was ready to continue fighting.