| II | The Invitation

*No POV*

Three men that looked like gangsters entered the room, each having a smirk. Jay looked at them with slight fear in his eyes. "Oh, don't look now. We've got trouble, and they're not our problem..."

The one with the mohawk took off his sunglasses, revealing his metal eye as a replacement. Ignoring Jay's warning, Scarlett looked at the man almost with a glare. She stared them down, taking note of their strange attire and purple snake tattoos.

The three then went over to the cashier man, and as if knowing what they went there for, he opened the register and pulled out all of the money inside it, handing the bills to the thugs. However, they wanted more, and when they didn't get it, the mohawk man grabbed the cashier man and threw him over the counter and the other two laughed, joining in the ambush.

"Okay," Cole said, putting down his chopstick. "Now they're our problem."

"No need to tell me twice." Scarlett rose to her feet, scooting past Lloyd and standing in front of the table. The only one who had joined her was the earth ninja and she crossed her arms. "The hell you're all waiting for?"

And the remaining ninja stood, going over to where the ambush was happening. Cole was the first to speak up, "Excuse me."

This made the thugs stop attacking and look up as he continued. "It's not polite to touch someone else's food."

"That doesn't even make sense," Scarlett mumbled. But he looked intimidating enough, she thought, that she let it slide.

"I'd listen to him if I were you," Kai agreed, shaking his head. "He's no fun to be around when he's hangry."

Ignoring his warning, the mohawk man stepped up to Cole and threw a punch, although the earth ninja caught his fist with a new pair of chopsticks. Grinning like a goof, he then dodged the kick that came next, instead plucking the chopsticks into his teeth.

Kai jumped on the conveyor belt, kicking the other two thugs who jumped on board away. They came back on and the mohawk man pressed the button to make the conveyor go faster.

As the food came by, Kai kicked each plate and the thugs dodged some, but not all. "Okay, I'll admit it—we make a good team!"

Cole was still taking care of the mohawk man, and the food that the thugs dodged came toward him and he used the chopsticks to grab each one and eat it. "Everything's better on a full stomach!"

The thug then broke the dish that Cole was going to grab and the food fell to the floor. "Hey, I was gonna eat that!"

"Has he gained any weight since this place opened?" Scarlett asked the blue ninja, watching as the two weren't doing anything.

"You know, I'm starting to think he gained a few pounds. Looking at him, at least," Jay answered.

Angered, Cole threw the thug onto the conveyor belt. At the same moment, Kai kicked the second thug on it and he summersolted toward the third, who then fell onto the first. The fire ninja jumped down and joined his team, satisfied.

"How can you walk away from this?" Lloyd asked his team with a smile.

After scaring a little girl, the thugs jumped down from the conveyor belt, wiping the food off their faces, and ran for the back door.

The mohawk man looked back at the ninja with a smirk and Scarlett glared at him. He then joined the other two out back and she ran for the door, shouting, "Come on!"

"Let's get 'em, guys!" Cole said as they all ran out the door.

However, once they made it out back, no one was to be seen.