| XXX | Returning to the Temple

*No POV*

     Red and Skylor stood next to Clouse as many of the cultists began bowing and drumming. The redhead looked over to him, a saddened expression on her face.

     "Why are you doing this?" she asked. When she didn't get an answer, she turned away back to the cultists. "I know you aren't in good spirits with my father... since when do you bow down to him?"

     Still no answer. She sighed—this was uncomfortable.

     "Bring in the prisoners," Clouse ordered, and the guard pulled a lever, the gate opening. The five elemental masters, now in chains together, were escorted out by four other guards.

     "We should've listened to you guys before," Turner said with a sigh. "This was never about any of us winning the tournament—this was always about something sinister!"

     "What gave that away?" Shade countered sarcastically, although his tone sounded more defeated than anything else. "Was it his cult following, or the giant snake head?"

     "We've been fighting each other for so long, it took us all losing to finally pull us together... too bad it's too late," Neuro admitted sadly. "The only good thing out of this is that Scarlett and Lloyd are still out there, and he hasn't gotten his hands on them yet."

     He wanted to tell the Ninja that Red was only acting as a facade, but he never got the chance to. No matter where they were, the cultists were always behind them, and anything they heard out of line they would report to Clouse or even Chen himself.

     All the while, Jay was humming with a tight look. Kai had enough and shot his head around. "Why are you humming? You do know they're about to take our powers?"

     "Since these cursed shackles have blocked our powers, I choose to use the power of positive thinking—Lloyd and Scarlett will come save us. You just wait," the blue ninja responded.

     Once they all arrived down, Skylor found Kai's eyes on her first. She turned away with a frown.

     "Go ahead and look away," he told her. "But you know as well as I do that after he takes our powers, he's still gonna need yours."

     "You don't understand," she countered. "My father gets everything he wants, I had no choice."

     "I thought we were friends, Skylor..." Kai sighed, and soon, his angered glare was on Red. "And you—!"

     "Don't blame him," Skylor rushed to his defense before he could even think of something to say. "Please."

     Red only stared at her, confused.

     "Lock 'em down," the guard ordered, and the cultists chained them all to the ground. "All rise for Master Chen!"

     The cultists looked up and around, excited looks on their faces—however, the remaining elemental masters save for Skylor were angered. She and Red kept serious glances.

     The cultists now began banging the large drums, fire sprouting behind them. The ones standing cheered loudly, some even continuing to bow.

     Chen then appeared, using the element of gravity to float on his throne-like seat. "Look at me, I'm floating!" When he fell, the room went dead silent—but then he rose back up again. "I got it, I got it!"

     He then landed exactly on the edge of the stage, grinning. "I just got distracted by how awesome this place looks. Well done calling the shots, Red—you should do so more often." The magic user smiled. "And to you, Clouse. You've really set the mood." The sorcerer smiled as well.