The prowl of the Night Cat

Midoriya Izuku ran through the dead of night, simple black mask slipping down his face. He would really need to fix the tiny air suctions on the back, that held the mask onto his face by pulling in the air. It left a gap between the mask and his face, which assisted with his sight and breathing, but it was such a pain when trying to run away from heroes.

Which is totally not what he was doing. Nope.

He turned the corner into an alley and waited. Running feet passed by the alley, completely missing him. He stayed there for another few minutes, assessing the damage to his suit. It would need a few stitches, but he hadn't gotten cut. Which was actually a miracle, considering he still needed to get home tonight without his mother seeing, along with the fact that one of the three villains had a mutation quirk. It made him look like a bull… with the temperament to go with the looks apparently.

The heroes had shown up after he called the police for the villain, faster than they normally did, his voice modifier on and at use. It really wasn't hard to trick them and lead them around in circles. Surprisingly disappointing to be honest.

He left the alley when he was sure no one was outside it, waiting for him. A little paranoia went a long way.

He scaled one of the buildings along the road, jumping across rooftops easily, ending up at his usual hiding place. He changed back into normal clothes, jumping into the alleyway beside the spot. His shock-absorbent shoes took the brunt of the impact and he rolled with the momentum, jumping to his feet afterwards. He had practised that a lot. It was fun now.

A sudden meow broke his train of thought. Well if you could call thinking about what sort of food he could sneak from the kitchen a train of thought. It was three am, the moon providing little light.
Izuku activated the small light pointer on his index finger, a bright green beam emerging. He had left his gloves on, just a precaution for if he had to make a hasty getaway.

He pointed it towards the sound just as another meow could be heard. A midnight black kitten stared at him, a tuft of white on its head and along its paws.

It was covered in dust, and some other substance, and Izuku wasn't sure he wanted to know what it was. He approached it slowly, the kitten watching through large green eyes. It's ears pricked up when he began to whisper softly to the kitten.

"Come here kittie, I'm not gonna hurt you." He carefully lifted it up to his chest, cuddling it close. It was freezing, so he quickly unzipped his jumper and shoved the kitten inside, zipping it up a minute later.

A second passed by until an indignant squeak was heard, a head popping out of his jumper, ears back and its eyes seemed to glare at him.

He laughed quietly and started to walk, cradling the kitten through his jumper to ensure it didn't fall.

He never noticed the eyes following his every move, and the figure that jumped over the rooftops, leaving him behind in the dead of night.

**********

Izuku had not planned on keeping the kitten. He thought it would run away quick enough after he cleaned it and gave it food. But maybe he was the first person to care for it. It had been alone after all. And how could he leave an innocent kitten out alone, in the cold? He couldn't, that was the thing.

He had been tired yes, but of course, him being that caring insomniac that he was, he had decided to wash the kitten first. It was surprisingly docile, and once it's fur had been cleaned and dried, was the cutest animal he had ever seen. He washed and stitched his costume while he was awake too.