So soon after that, i took Evie and moved out. They cut me off but, i had a Swiss bank account of my own from...my countless business casualties.

"Genie," Evie uttered from behind with a cutesy faded frown on her temple.

"What's wrong sweetie?" She sucked on her bottom lip and clung onto her bear tightly."Evie baby you can tell me anything," I reassured

"I-i dowt want to gotu skool," She murmured. I pulled the car over and faced her. Her usual bright blue eyes now dimmed by a stain of fear.

"Baby, once you get there you'll love it so much you won't even want to come back home with me. You'll be fine as long as you remember that magic happens outside of your comfort zone." Her face eased slightly and she loosened her hold on the bear.

"Look you were so nervous you didn't even notice where i pulled over," I stated all knowingly. She looked out the window and took a deep breath once she saw the other kids running to meet their friends. I stepped out of the car and went to open hers.

I placed Evie in one of the most elite schools in the country...maybe that was a mistake but, i had grown pretty used to spoiling her. That and the fact that the security here was nobler than any other. What can i say, without even meaning to this wee little girl stole my heart, everything about her drew me in. I needed to know she'd be safe while i was gone.

"Okay stand right there," I said, drawing out my camera. "Smile for me?" She did so weakly, fiddling with the fringe of her shirt. It broke my heart to see her so nervous but, who wasn't this timid on their first day of school..right?

I moved closer to her and gave her the tightest bear hug i could muster while kissing her temple. She hugged me back and i led her to her line.

As i walked Evie, i sensed the other women shooting nasty scowls my way. It didn't bug me much because i understood where they were coming from. Shit, if someone tortured my man the way i did to various of their spouses, I'd snap. And as terrible of a person as that makes me seem, i can't apologize for doing so either, because their 'husbands' were just as deadly as a nuclear bomb.

If only they knew though...right?

"I love you! I'll be back to pick you up right here alright?" She nodded, reluctantly letting go of my hand.

I walked back to my car and glanced back one last time. A dainty little girl grasping a small bear was now speaking to her, and behind her was a man who had his back to me. I rolled up my window and drove off.

So what's my role in all this? 'The ones i work with mostly know me as "Bonnie", the bitch to call when you need some shit washed over. I don't 'need' to do what I do but, I find some comfort in ridding the world of unnecessary evil. Plus, I've never been one to sit along the sidelines anyway.

The soft buzzing of my phone sprung me back alight. I used my free hand to search for it but, it wasn't in my purse. Then i remembered, i had given it to Evie on her way to school. I pulled over 'again' and rummaged through everything for my phone. Which was luckily in her car seat still droning.

Dahlias' name beamed across my screen. I swiped left and put the phone on speaker, pulling back into traffic.

"Yesss?" I said exaggerating the "s's"

"Y-your mom cawlled, surt to meed her ack at hurs and she's guort a cart on you if you chooswe to nuort do as she asked."

"Bitch put whatever you're eating down and repeat that entire sentence," She signed and shuffled for a while. I bet she's rolling her eyes at me right now.

"Your mom called she says to meet her back at her plac-"

"Like hell i am-"

"And you better do so because she's got two cars on you," She added "Just go...get it over with Bonnie," With that, she hung up. I bet you two-hundred that bitch is still in her pajamas.

I looked down at my mirrors and there were indeed two cars behind me. If she thought this would intimidate me, she's got another thing coming.

I'll go to her place alright but not with "them" following me. I swiftly switched lanes and steered into an empty alleyway. They didn't seem to expect it so as a result, were now at least a couple seconds behind.

I took advantage of that and quickly cut back into a deserted road, driving off full speed. My mother and i have played this game since the moment I got my first car. At the time I indicted it on teenage defiance but, now I'm not so sure anymore.

She was just as willful to not give in as i was. Many times she set tracking chips in my car but, i was so heedless i destroyed them without even realizing or intending to do so. Then she moved to bodyguards, they became my favorite for this exact reason.

I guess i hated the thought of being controlled. That attitude got me in more quarrels than I ever could have foreseen in my teenage years and even today since I can barely keep a job for less than a week.

The two black SUVs gradually began to gain up on me so, I forced an unauthorized turn into impending traffic. It was perilous I know but, this game was quickly getting tedious. As I glanced back, the two vehicles were now idling for a chance to turn.

The determination they held was a distinct upgrade from my mother's previous bodyguards, who always gave up too quickly. I slumped back against my chair and drove to my mother's 'house'. Hopefully, this would be a quick in and out.

| |

I've been here for the past two hours listening to my mother bicker about how reckless I had been. The vein pulsating from her temple suggested i watch what I said.

She was going on about matters that had occurred years back, half about the missions i had fucked up on throughout my youthful years and the other staring how boorish i was for never calling to check up or some shit like that...as if she didn't know why.

I know my mother relatively well and she wouldn't trip about trivial shit like this especially with me. If she did she'd have gotten a heart attack years back. She's beating around the bush and it's perilously starting to bother me.

"MOM!!" I screamed, her once stoic gaze faltering slightly "You haven't spoken to me in over a year. Stop beating around the bush and tell me what you want!"

She seemed taken back a bit but, that washed over instantly as she was now more furious than ever. I didn't even know what I did, this woman seriously creases me.

She reaped an unnerving breath and stood up, walking towards me. The look she carried held me tightly to my seat. I couldn't escape even if I wanted to.

"Genevieve listen carefully, I won't repeat myself. Y-your father had an affinity arranged among us and the de Villes." She declared, trying her hardest not to tremble... okay now I'm scared.

Remember how I said we were the second reigning Mob dynasties in the US? Well, spot #one was taken up by the de Villes, a Mafia clan which rose up the charts quicker than anyone could have ever anticipated, blowing us right down to second best.

I went to High school with their son but, that's a story for another app.

Anyway naturally, that made them our rivals so, what could my dad possibly want with those two-timing wannabe's?

"We aren't doing as well as we used to, without this alliance by this time next month we'll probably end up in prison," My mother was now chugging down a glassful of whiskey with her back facing me. "Most of the good we've done won't even matter."

I've only ever seen my mother look this ran over once, and that was when my dad traveled on a mission to Russia, knowing he most likely wasn't coming back. She's quite a difficult woman but, if you hit her in the right places, she'll slowly collapse like an overworked sandcastle.

Why is she acting more nervous than she needs to be, what am i missing here? Ugh! All this anticipation has me jumpy, i feel like an enormous jack in the box is about to spring out of nowhere...i fucking hate surprises man.

"I want you to understand that we had no-"

"Will you stop being so goddam dramatic and just tell me!?" I cursed

She looked me dead the eyes and sank back against her chair, the worry still visible in her blistering green eyes.

"We arranged for you to marry their son."

* * * * * * *
Again, thank you so much for choosing this story. I hope you enjoy it, let me know just how much you did in the comments.