35.1 AIJA

The story so far:

----Aija, Zuri, and Ze are three friends, who were working at the Pristine School at Innermost. Aija gets involved with the Ytai first, leading Zuri and Ze to them as well. Zuri falls in love with Nala (Lalana), who is Ytai and works with Thieron. Aija and Ze are captured by Thieron, of H'eon, when they were at the Hospital - Aija was at the Hospital with Kuna of R'ies and Zuri to stop a Harvest; Ze was there to visit his sick student Xan. Thieron has bound Aija to himself, and Nala has bound Ze to herself. Luka works for Thieron(Ah'n), along with Lalana (Nala).

----Aija, Ze, Thieron, Luka, and Nala go to the South Land. Luka admits that they are there for a Harvest. While they are on the Harvest, they get stopped by a group of people - the Zayr. Aija and Ze meet Princess Ruyanir of the Zayr. Ze and the Princess have an instant connection. The Prince has requested Aija and Ze to meet him. Prince Irih' va and Aija have a conversation about the Àvo; he explains how it works. Aija seems to like the Prince. The Prince gives Aija a strand of his golden hair - for protection. Irih' va sees Aija in his future but isn't sure she will choose him. He wants her to choose him. Irih' va catches Ze using his powers, and he shows Ze that he, too, has the same powers.

----They are preparing for the Ker'zan.

----Etrie tells Zuri that he is going to kill Thieron and Nala. She is very adamant that she, too, goes to the Ker'zan with them.

----Aija and Thieron had been to the Open to meet his Uncle - Alton Ivar, Head of H'eon. There she learns that the conditions are worse than she had anticipated. 

✽✽✽

****35.1 - Aija****

She felt like someone was pressing down on her chest and choking her. 

She found it hard to breathe. The feeling in her chest was heavy. 

Aija had woken up and had been nervous the whole day. That night was the Ker'zan; Thieron had explained about it to her and Ze, on a need-to-know basis. She understood that the night involved danger, and she couldn't shake the feeling of heaviness. It felt wrong.

On the day of the Ker'zan, I will send you help. 

Prince Irih' va had offered her help. And, today was the day she had to decide whether she took it or rejected it. 

 How would she know whom to trust? The biggest question, however, was - did she want to leave? 

Aija looked at herself in the mirror. The morning was bright through the window, and the light fell on her. Nala had brought her the dress she now wore. It looked expensive, and for the first time, Aija wondered where the three Ytai got their money from. They seemed well off. 

The dress was black and hugged her near the waist, making her look petite. The skirt reached the middle of her thighs. The front of the dress and the full sleeves were made of sheer material and were decorated with crystals and other embellishments all over; they sparkled when they caught the light. The neck was a deep V-neck. It was a pretty dress. She liked how she looked in it; a small joy. 

She saw the two hair strands on both of her wrists in the mirror; one white and one golden. One belonged to Goldstar and one to her. She questioned herself if she would ever get to meet this man called Goldstar. She also needed to know why this human man meant so much to an alien Princess. 

There was a knock on the door. It was Thieron. His eyes widened as she turned around to face him. 

"I...I need the room to get dressed." he stammered.